Re: [lewiscarroll] HELLO, a little help with this one please

  • Kate Lyon
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2005
      Hi Michelle,

      John Tufail here.

      Perhaps you first need to clarify what you mean by the concept 'comic'.  Carroll, most, regularly, has been listed in the areas of 'nonsense' and 'absurd' literature - which is not quite comic.  His work can certainly be listed under 'ironic' and even satyrical (vis-a-vis Gulliver's Travels or Erewhon).  But to children there is a definite and exuberent element of the truly comic to Carroll's work.  Maybe that is what you might like to explore.

      Just a thought.

      John Tufail