submissions invited

  • mikeindex2001
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2004
      'Looking for Lewis Carroll' (www.lookingforlewiscarroll.com) is
      setting up a 'critical comments' section in which the 'other side' in
      the debate is given space to air their doubts, reservations or other
      personal feelings and opinions.

      Contributions, if selected, would be edited only for length and with
      the authors' agreement, and so this will be very much a free forum
      for any criticisms you may have.

      Contributions of any length are invited for consideration. For more
      information or to send anything you'd like considered contact me
      offlist or email webmaster@...

      Mike
    • Keith Wright
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2004
        To use a familiar saying 'the other side of what?'

        > setting up a 'critical comments' section in which the 'other side' in
        > the debate is given space to air their doubts, reservations or other
        > personal feelings and opinions.
        >
        > Contributions, if selected, would be edited only for length and with
        > the authors' agreement, and so this will be very much a free forum
        > for any criticisms you may have.
        >
        > Contributions of any length are invited for consideration. For more
        > information or to send anything you'd like considered contact me
        > offlist or email webmaster@...
        >
        > Mike
        >

        > visit our homepage at:

      • RICHARD ANTHONY
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2004
          t means Keith you can say what the Hell you want about
          some of those fictional books.I've already done it on
          other sites so theres little point in me doing itI---

          ---------------------------------

          webmaster@...

          > Mike
          >

          > visit our homepage at:

          visit our homepage at:

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Terms of Service.

        • mikeindex2001
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 1, 2004
            'Looking for Lewis Carroll' devotes a large section to the 'new
            view', so we thought it would be interesting and fair to give some
            space to those who don't share that view.

            It's part of the bid to include as wide a selection of information as
            possible, with the only qualification being it must be factually
            accurate and well-researched.

            Mike

            --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Wright" <keith@c...>
            wrote:
            > To use a familiar saying 'the other side of what?'
            >
            > Keith

          • Keith Wright
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 1, 2004
              Hmm - enough said!!

              > 'Looking for Lewis Carroll' devotes a large section to the 'new
              > view', so we thought it would be interesting and fair to give some
              > space to those who don't share that view.
              >
              > It's part of the bid to include as wide a selection of information as
              > possible, with the only qualification being it must be factually
              > accurate and well-researched.
              >
              > Mike
              >

              > --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Wright" <keith@c...>
              > wrote:
              >> To use a familiar saying 'the other side of what?'
              >>
              >> Keith

            • RICHARD ANTHONY
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
                In other words you have to comment on a book which is
                NOT factually accurate.Some review I saw last week
                called ITSOFD "insane"!!!--- Keith Wright
                <keith@...> wrote:

                ---------------------------------
                Hmm - enough said!!

                > 'Looking for Lewis Carroll' devotes a large section
                to the 'new
                > view', so we thought it would be interesting and
                fair to give some
                > space to those who don't share that view.
                >
                > It's part of the bid to include as wide a selection
                of information as
                > possible, with the only qualification being it must
                be factually
                > accurate and well-researched.
                >
                > Mike
                >

                > --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Wright"
                <keith@c...>
                > wrote:
                >> To use a familiar saying 'the other side of what?'
                >>
                >> Keith

                visit our homepage at:

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                Terms of Service.

              • mikeindex2001
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 2, 2004
                  --- In lewiscarroll@yahoogroups.com, RICHARD ANTHONY
                  <alicespiral@y...> wrote:
                  > In other words you have to comment on a book which is
                  > NOT factually accurate.Some review I saw last week
                  > called ITSOFD "insane

                  As others have said before, it doesn't seem fair or sensible to
                  insist on making comments on a book you have not read, but just to
                  correct one thing -- 'In the Shadow of the Dreamchild' is not
                  factually inaccurate. Even those who dislike or disagree with her
                  conclusions have been unable to find any serious factual errors.

                  cheers