13923Re: [lewiscarroll] Re: Wasp

  • Michael Everson
    Mar 3, 2008
      At 22:07 -0800 2008-03-02, Hoyeru Zaharia wrote:

      >If Jewish holocausts "memoirs" can be faked(I have recently Annie
      >Frank's diaries could not have been written during WWWII because
      >when checked it was written with a ball point pen)

      Urban myth.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Frank#Denials_and_legal_action

      With Otto Frank's death in 1980, the original diary, including
      letters and loose sheets, were willed to the Netherlands Institute
      for War Documentation,[65] who commissioned a forensic study of the
      diary through the Netherlands Ministry of Justice in 1986. They
      examined the handwriting against known examples and found that they
      matched, and determined that the paper, glue and ink were readily
      available during the time the diary was said to have been written.
      Their final determination was that the diary is authentic, and their
      findings were published in what has become known as the "Critical
      Edition" of the diary. On 1990-03-23, the Hamburg Regional Court
      confirmed its authenticity.[49]