No activity in last 7 days
Not one of Jane Austen's novels fails to mention Bath. In Jane's time, Bath, the site of the Roman city of Aquae Sulis, was given a makeover by several architects and builders, making it into a fashionable health resort. Its sparkling ivory stone buildings, graceful columns and neo-classical style, its sweeping crescents, were all portrayed in her novels. People came from all over England to "take the waters" and indulge in the society and grandeur of the age. Join us in Bath for a most envious season!
- Role Playing
- Apr 23, 2001
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members can hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.