FINALLY we're coming to box in the South!

  • Mark Pepe
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 8, 2009
      Hello friends,

      After wanting to experience your Southern hospitality for years, Sue &
      I are finally getting our wish in 6 weeks! We feel as if we know so
      many of you after corresponding with you over the years - and meeting
      a small but enthusiastic group from GA at Live & Breathe!!! So this
      trip is highly anticipated by both of us.

      We'll be at Stone Mountain from February 12 through 15. StarSAELS was
      nice enough to set up a little mini-meet for us on that Saturday. Hope
      to see some of you all (y'all) there. Event details on Atlas Quest. We
      will be bringing a few boxing friends with us for the Stone Mountain
      portion of our trip. T Rex has offered to be our guide for the long
      weekend and we thank him so much for that!

      We understand that there is some night boxing planned after the mini
      meet and despite hearing about some of the crazy things that have
      happened on Stone Mountain by this wild group - we've decided to come
      anyway!!! :-)

      After our friends hop a plane in Atlanta for home on Sunday the 22nd,
      Sue & I head to Hilton Head from February 22 to 28th. Desi was nice
      enough to set up a mini meet for us there on that Friday, February 27
      in Hilton Head. Since they will be moving and out of the immediate
      area at the time of the mini meet, we still look forward to meeting
      all of you who can make it to Fuddruckers. Again, details on AQ.

      Boxing in the South has long been a desire of ours - including the
      Rock - and we cannot wait. We would love to hear from you about boxing
      in the Hilton Head area - any boxes we shouldn't miss?

      We plan on boxing on Hilton Head, Beaufort, and spending a day in
      Savannah.

      Thanks for everything,

      Mark
    • Mark Pepe
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 8, 2009
        OK - I'm stupid!

        We're in Stone Mountain from the 19th through the 22nd.
        Sorry, T Rex, for almost giving you a heart attack!!!

        Mark

        --- In letterbox-southeast@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Pepe" <mjpepe1@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello friends,
        >
        > After wanting to experience your Southern hospitality for years, Sue &
        > I are finally getting our wish in 6 weeks! We feel as if we know so
        > many of you after corresponding with you over the years - and meeting
        > a small but enthusiastic group from GA at Live & Breathe!!! So this
        > trip is highly anticipated by both of us.
        >
        > We'll be at Stone Mountain from February 19 through 22. StarSAELS was
        > nice enough to set up a little mini-meet for us on that Saturday. Hope
        > to see some of you all (y'all) there. Event details on Atlas Quest. We
        > will be bringing a few boxing friends with us for the Stone Mountain
        > portion of our trip. T Rex has offered to be our guide for the long
        > weekend and we thank him so much for that!
        >
        > We understand that there is some night boxing planned after the mini
        > meet and despite hearing about some of the crazy things that have
        > happened on Stone Mountain by this wild group - we've decided to come
        > anyway!!! :-)
        >
        > After our friends hop a plane in Atlanta for home on Sunday the 22nd,
        > Sue & I head to Hilton Head from February 22 to 28th. Desi was nice
        > enough to set up a mini meet for us there on that Friday, February 27
        > in Hilton Head. Since they will be moving and out of the immediate
        > area at the time of the mini meet, we still look forward to meeting
        > all of you who can make it to Fuddruckers. Again, details on AQ.
        >
        > Boxing in the South has long been a desire of ours - including the
        > Rock - and we cannot wait. We would love to hear from you about boxing
        > in the Hilton Head area - any boxes we shouldn't miss?
        >
        > We plan on boxing on Hilton Head, Beaufort, and spending a day in
        > Savannah.
        >
        > Thanks for everything,
        >
        > Mark

      • gaboxing123
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 9, 2009
          The mini-meet (thought not sure how "mini" it's going to be!) is on
          Friday the 20th, not Saturday. :-)

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 9, 2009
            I told you I was stupid!
            I think originally it was for Saturday, right?
            Or am I REALLY stupid???
            :-)

            Mark

            wrote:

            > Hello friends,
            >
            > After wanting to experience your Southern hospitality for years,
            Sue &
            > I are finally getting our wish in 6 weeks! We feel as if we know so
            > many of you after corresponding with you over the years - and
            meeting
            > a small but enthusiastic group from GA at Live & Breathe!!! So this
            > trip is highly anticipated by both of us.
            >
            > We'll be at Stone Mountain from February 12 through 15. StarSAELS
            was
            > nice enough to set up a little mini-meet for us on that Saturday.

          • StarSaels
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 9, 2009
              Um... Okay... I've gotten confused on calendar dates before.

              Now *I* can't remember if this was supposed to be Friday or Saturday.

              Let me think...

              I probably DID originally schedule it for Friday because...

              A) I work 7 miles from the park... but I LIVE 57 miles from the park,
              so it would make sense that I schedule the deal for a Friday (as is
              pretty much tradition for 99B) so I wouldn't have to make that drive 6
              days that week.

              B) that weekend is the end of our kids' winter break, and they usually
              go down to SW FL to visit their grandparents. This usually entails two
              trips to Gainesville, FL, to meet them halfway and offload the kids
              (and pick them up, of course). The second trip would be on the 21st of
              Feb.

              *S

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 9, 2009
                That sounds right. I remember something about a trip and Spring break.
                Sorry about the mix-up!
                I really can read letterboxing clues - really!

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 9, 2009
                  Speaking of which, you will want to pay close attention to the
                  plantings at SMP over the next few weeks. As you recall, I left the
                  original 6 99 Bottles boxes in place so they'd be there on your visit.

                  The first "replacement" box, 99B: Highland Gaelic Ale, is in place.
                  The second will be in place next week, and the third and fourth as
                  soon as I find hiding spots. The fifth and sixth should be in place
                  before your visit, but if they aren't you have a LOT of boxes to find.

                  To wit, the 99 Bottles Summit Tour/Trek II (originally held in
                  conjunction) shall commence at NOON on the 20th (I'm going to change
                  the time on AQ shortly). The first Tour/Trek featured 99 Bottles and
                  other boxes, but with the additions there probably won't be enough time...

                  ... and besides... Scottie MacIncheese is crawling all over the rock
                  in search of beer!

                  *S

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 10, 2009
                    wrote:
                    > Sorry about the mix-up!
                    > I really can read letterboxing clues - really!

                    Well, I wish you the best of luck in preparing for your trip - there
                    are A LOT of clues to read for SMP!! I am sure you could box all day
                    Friday and Saturday - day and night - and still not get them all!! Or
                    could you??? :-)