for sale

  • Joe K. Smith
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 1999
      Hello,

      We are inquiring about the 10x15 C&P automatic press you have for sale. Is it
      a printer? Do you have any letterpress accessories for sale? How much are
      you asking for the press and accessories, if any?

      Thank you,
      J.K. Smith
    • Paul Gough
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 1999
        The press is for sale by Howie Bauer in Meriden, CT It is free. (203)
        235-6493

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 1999
          Joe:

          The C&P is the Craftsman model with an automatic feeder. Yes, it has
          been used for printing, not embossing or die cutting, so it is in good
          shape; though this model could do embossing for the next century and not
          wear out. Because it is quite robust, it takes up a little more floor
          space than the 10x15 C&P New Series, about as much space as a 12x18. It
          is complete with variable speed motor, chases and rollers. I am asking
          $600 for this press, crated and loaded on a truck.

          I have lots of letterpress accessories, let me know what you need; and
          also a thousand cases of used type, most going for $2 to $4 a pound. I
          also have some new type borders and initials, for lists send a large
          SSAE envelope marked "Type Specimens" with two stamps on it.

          Let me know what specific questions you have on any of this.

          Thanks,

          John.

          --

          John A. Hern Jr. 1900 Millview Coeur d'Alene, Idaho 83814
          mailto:hern@... Dipl.Ing. Mechanical Engineer
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 1999
            Oops. Sorry to respond to the list on this one, I didn't see the
            address.

            John.

            Paul Gough wrote:

            > The press is for sale by Howie Bauer
            > >
            > >We are inquiring about the 10x15 C&P automatic press
          • David Thomas
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 1999
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 7 1:32 PM
                An old friend of mine in the Twin Cities is quickly loosing his health and
                is trying to dispose of his printing/typesetting related items. He has a
                Rouse vertical mitering machine for sale (with an extension) and scads of
                Linotype and Ludlow parts. He will treat you right. His name is Ed
                Winkelman and he can be reached at 612-425-3358. Please call during the day
                since he goes to bed early. Thanks.

                Mike Coughlin