Re: lead poisoning update

  • Marjorie L. Wilser
    Message 1 of 37 , Apr 1 12:08 AM
      I was afraid of that. Wish I could afford wood type!

      If I were going to have kids handle lead type it'd be near a washroom and
      washing hands would be *mandatory* afterwards.
      ==M

      "Roland A. Paquette" wrote:

      > Hey Marjorie,
      >
      > Fritz is right about the kids. The problem with younger kids is they put
      > everything into their mouths and refusing to wash their hands is a right
      > of passage before puberty.
      >
      > Their are lots of fonts of wood type in small sizes that would work well
      > for letting kids do hands on and I would look at using one of the "Food
      > Grade" inks available that are considered non-toxic.
      >
      > Might even be wise to use a good water base ink that is easy to clean
      > up. Just need to give the type a rub down with mineral oil every know an
      > then after cleanup to prevent water damage.
      >
      > Yours,

      ==Marjorie Wilser

      @..@ Three Toad Press

      (& Printers' Guild, San Jose History Park, California)
    • Mike Williamson
      Message 37 of 37 , Apr 4 11:21 AM
        Tornado Mike from Tennessee says "Your welcome!"