- I believe three people attached the daily digest to their postings
yesterday. This is easy to do by accident and the senders were probably
mortified when they discovered what happened.
To avoid this and save bandwith on the internet and download and reading
time of the subscribers, the people who subscribe in digest form (that
includes me) should try the following method.
NEVER use the reply or forward button on your browser because this is how
everything gets copied to the message you are sending. Avoiding reply or
forward will avoid the problem.
Although reply and forward should not be used by the digest recipients,
anyone who gets the digest should scroll through the entire message they
create to make sure they have not included the whole digest before they send
a message to letpress
If you wish to reply or comment, try the following.
I use Internet Explorer, but there is an equivalent in netscape and other
When you want to send text from the digest as part of your message,
1. Highlight and copy only the section you wish to forward back to the list.
2. Note the subject as you will want to include this in your reply
2. Close the email containing the digest that you were reading.
3. Click "New Mail" or equivalent.
4. Place the letpress address into the "To" section. The address is
5. Type in the subject as appeared in the original posting
6. Paste the text into your new mail that you have addresses to letpress
7. Write your comments.
8. Scroll down to make sure that you did not pick up the entire digest. If
you did, delete irrelevant information before sending.
This method takes a little extra effort but it prevents accidental
forwarding of the whole digest.
Perhaps someone else can clarify these instructions if they are confusing.
- Hey gang,
I'm one of the guilty ones, and yes, I was mortified. As soon as I read
Mat's message (surely one such was enough, eh?) I went to "preferences" and
unchecked the "copy entire message" box--it won't happen again, unless I do
Those who have outlook express can find the preferences in under the "edit"
And sorry folks