Re: Free Letpress Photo Site

  • Jay Prynne
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2000
      RE: Free Letpress Photo Site

      I'm sorry but you're all about to see how anal I am

      I signed up spurred on by promises of not selling my
      email address on and look what I received in the mail!

      "You recently signed up for one or more eLerts at
      eGroups. As an eLerts member, you will receive emails
      from eGroups informing you about hot deals, money-saving
      offers, and special offers."

      Not more junk mail! I can't stand it. I advise others who
      value their peace and quiet to consider this before signing
      up to endless junk email

      jay

        ----------
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2000
        I'm combining replies to two related messages:

        In a message dated 08/31/00 11:15:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        edinman@... writes:

        << Go to:
        http://www.egroups.com/group/letpress
        click on "Subscribe"
        Then you probably want to click on "read messages on web only" to avoid
        getting two duplicate sets of emails (one directly from the list and the
        other from egroups). >>

        I followed this procedure, but when I went back to "My Groups" (I belong to
        several others), only Daily Digest was offered -- the rest have a drop-down
        menu allowing members to switch from one mail option to another. Could the
        list owner tweak the settings so that we won't receive a digest *in addition*
        to individual posts from the regular list?

        Also, can any member upload to the folder already created under Files? With
        my other lists, those who want to upload a photo create their own folders,
        which they are then allowed to edit (add, delete or rename files or
        descriptive information). But I don't think we can edit each others' folders.

        It's a good idea to have a shared-files area, though. As someone who is still
        learning about letterpress, I welcome all the photos anyone wants to
        contribute!

        In a message dated 09/01/00 5:46:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        Jay@... writes:

        << I signed up spurred on by promises of not selling my
        email address on and look what I received in the mail!

        "You recently signed up for one or more eLerts at
        eGroups. As an eLerts member, you will receive emails
        from eGroups informing you about hot deals, money-saving
        offers, and special offers." >>

        If you only subscribe to My Groups under eGroups, you won't get these
        messages. I've been a member of several groups for some time, and haven't
        received any eLerts. There's a separate button on the Home page or My Groups
        page to click on to subscribe or UNsubscribe to/from this "service".

        The only problem we're noticing with ads in the groups to which I belong is
        that eGroups is now inserting ads at the beginning of each emailed message.
        We on Letpress can avoid seeing those by receiving messages from the original
        list, if the eGroups Digest mode can be turned off (see comments above).

        Suzanne in MI
      • Amy Hern
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2000
          RE: Free Letpress Photo Site
          An alternative would be to upload your photos to a free web album and tell your friends where they can view the pictures. Eg: http://www.picturetrail.com/  The HELP section gives good guidance.  I've not used it yet, but have recommended the site to a few people.  No complains so far. There's a sample album there for you to check out.  The only drawback is probably the advertisement at the top of the album page.

          Regards
          Amy

          PS Looks like I missed the "chop" discussion.  I got a few of them.  Anyone interested can email me fouronkey@... and I can send not the chops but the scanned 3-D pictures to you offlist.

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2000
            Amy's suggestion is good...another free album is at http://www.picturepoint.com. I have posted pictures there with a link in my Letpress posts a couple of times and it works well. I have only received one unsolicited message from Picturepoint.com since I registered there a few months ago.
            --Steve Saxe