loose canons

  • Edward F. Heite
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2000
      Must really stop reading the Letterpress digest before breakfast. J. Mike's
      typo was particularly evocative:

      >... Letpress List, a loose
      >alliance of about 400 loose canons interested in LP printing.

      Interpretations:

      1. A line of anxious senior clerics, gripping line gauges, lined up at the
      porta-potty door;

      2. The same group of clerics setting type and exchanging pornographic web
      addresses;

      3. A huge pile of SLR cameras without straps, slithering around on a
      composing stone;

      4. A thick unbound official church document concerning printing.

      There are occasions when a mere spell checker is not sufficient!

      Celebrating twenty years in CRM consulting,
      and still enjoying every minute of it!
      ____
      __(____)_ Heite Consulting
      /Baby the|_ Archaeologists and
      _===__/1969 Land|| Historians
      |___ Rover ___ || ned@...
      O|| . \______/ . \_| 302-697-1789
      ____\_/________\_/___ fax 302-697-7758
      Ned Heite RPA, Camden, DE
    • Geoff Moor
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2000
        Edward F. Heite wrote:

        > Must really stop reading the Letterpress digest before breakfast. J. Mike's
        > typo was particularly evocative:
        >
        > >... Letpress List, a loose
        > >alliance of about 400 loose canons interested in LP printing.
        >
        > Interpretations:
        >
        > 1. A line of anxious senior clerics, gripping line gauges, lined up at the
        > porta-potty door;
        >
        > 2. The same group of clerics setting type and exchanging pornographic web
        > addresses;
        >
        > 3. A huge pile of SLR cameras without straps, slithering around on a
        > composing stone;
        >
        > 4. A thick unbound official church document concerning printing.
        >
        > There are occasions when a mere spell checker is not sufficient!

        Perhaps the canons were the ones checking the spell? And I always
        thought that "white spirit" was something used in cleaning.
        --
        .--------------, Geoff Moor, Vintage Services
        ._______|:¯¯¯:¯¯¯:¯¯¯|| Vintage Charter Service
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2000
          Well they're bound to be 'big shots' no matter what.
          Sorry couldn't resist.
          Mike at the Cockleshell Press, England
          Mike.Jacobs@...
          For an Application Form to join The British Printing Society, Click Here
          http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk/test2/form/bpsform.htm
          > Must really stop reading the Letterpress digest before breakfast. J.
          Mike's
          > typo was particularly evocative:
          >

          > >... Letpress List, a loose
          > >alliance of about 400 loose canons interested in LP printing.
          >
          > Interpretations:
          >
          > 1. A line of anxious senior clerics, gripping line gauges, lined up at the
          > porta-potty door;
          >
          > 2. The same group of clerics setting type and exchanging pornographic web
          > addresses;
          >
          > 3. A huge pile of SLR cameras without straps, slithering around on a
          > composing stone;
          >
          > 4. A thick unbound official church document concerning printing.
          >
          > There are occasions when a mere spell checker is not sufficient!
          >

          > Celebrating twenty years in CRM consulting,
          > and still enjoying every minute of it!
          > ____
          > __(____)_ Heite Consulting
          > /Baby the|_ Archaeologists and
          > _===__/1969 Land|| Historians
          > |___ Rover ___ || ned@...
          > O|| . \______/ . \_| 302-697-1789
          > ____\_/________\_/___ fax 302-697-7758
          > Ned Heite RPA, Camden, DE

        • Homestead Press & Cattle Co.
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2000

                     Sharp eye, Ned, and sharp pencil, er ugh tongue, ah keyboard--oh well, you get my point--but your point is well made and well taken.  I simply must point out that
            4 0'clock in the morning is before anything, not just breakfast.  However, in the interest of repairing the inadvertent affront caused by my missal and evocatively pointed out by your missile, I will be pleased to supply the missing, offending character, which you will find below in the traditional 6" line:

                     [nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn]

                     I do certainly agree, "There are occasions when a mere spell checker is not sufficient." I hope this quick fix by this loose cannon will in some small way salvage my rumpled canon.

                     In reflecting on a choice from your menu of possibilities, I liked number one, but must protest that your portrayal of only "...SENIOR line gauges gripping their clerics in the porta-potty..." is probably not politically correct. It must be assumed
            that JUNIOR clerics are probably also anxious to grip their line gauges at the porta-potty as well, and they should be encouraged to do so by their shop stewards. Such inclusive practices will have a lasting effect on the devils as well.

                     As you so evocatively point out, I have not got the ole computer spell check option down to a science yet, but I cut and paste well.  I think.

                     With best regards, J. Mike

            At 06:27 AM 07/01/2000 -0400, you wrote:
            Must really stop reading the Letterpress digest before breakfast. J. Mike's
            typo was particularly evocative:

            >... Letpress List, a loose
            >alliance of about 400 loose canons interested in LP printing.

            Interpretations:

            1. A line of anxious senior clerics, gripping line gauges, lined up at the
            porta-potty door;

            2. The same group of clerics setting type and exchanging pornographic web
            addresses;

            3. A huge pile of SLR cameras without straps, slithering around on a
            composing stone;

            4. A thick unbound official church document concerning printing.

            There are occasions when a mere spell checker is not sufficient!

            Celebrating twenty years in CRM consulting,
            and still enjoying every minute of it!
                            ____
                         __(____)_  Heite Consulting
                        /Baby the|_ Archaeologists and
                 _===__/1969 Land|| Historians
                |___ Rover  ___  || ned@...
              O|| . \______/ . \_|  302-697-1789
             ____\_/________\_/___  fax 302-697-7758
                                    Ned Heite RPA, Camden, DE
          • Andy
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1, 2000
              I'm glad I'm not a cleric - I wouldn't want my line gauge to grip me in
              the potty!

              Andy