Spanno

  • John SETEK
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 1999
      Letpress friends,
      please check your type specimen books for the type face named Spanno. It is an old face, highly stylised and in my case condensed and in caps only. I would like to know more!
      Regards John SETEK (Australia)
    • Homestead Press & Cattle Co.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2000
        Perhaps a scan would be in order--sent privately, of course, to
        save your hide from flames--so we may see what you are looking at. So
        many faces are knock-offs of some other face and renamed, so Spanno might
        not show up as Spanno.

        Just looked in my July 1914 Wimble Specimen book and do not see reference
        to Spanno. Since there is no index, you have to scan each page to see and
        I suppose I could have missed it. Assuming, perhaps wrongly, it to
        be an Australian face, perhaps Dr Dennis Bryans could help.

        His eddress is: gpp@...

        W/best regards in the new year, J. Mike

        P.S. As an alternative, for a personal opinion, you could font up the
        entire face and ship it to. . .well, it is worth a try, although Dennis and
        Geoff
        Moor never fell for it. Ya just never know.

        P.P.S. Did Chas. Klensch ever make it down your way? Your not sending him
        back are you? ;~D