The Lesbian Alliance was born in the summer of 1989 when nearly 150 Lesbians gathered in response to homophobic actions by the Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors, anti Lesbian/Gay organizing by the religious right and lack of Lesbian representation in the media and in the community.
Goals and Objectives
The Lesbian Alliance is a membership organization whose purpose is to focus the political and economic power of Lesbians.
Specifically, the purpose of the Lesbian Alliance Operations is to better unify and organize the Milwaukee area Lesbian community to:
- Provide education and role models to the Milwaukee community
- Impact relevant issues in the political/legislative arena as they
- Provide meeting space and opportunities for more social contact and
communications among Lesbians.
© Lesbian Alliance :: 315 W Court Street, Milwaukee, WI 53212 :: email - email@example.com :: phone - 414.272.9442
This is the Web site of the Lesbian Alliance of Metro Milwaukee and the Lesbian Alliance of Metro Milwaukee Education Fund.
more about the distinction between these two components of the Lesbian Alliance.
- Sep 25, 2004
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members can hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages require approval.
- All members can post messages.