Re: gonedigi -

  • cyberdadstl
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 5, 2012
      --- In leriger-laplante@yahoogroups.com, "gonedigi" <davidandkaren@...> wrote:

      > I just joined the group. My line has my grandmother, Camille Martimbeau (1910), Alexandre Martimbeau (1881), Antoine Martimbeau (1845), Theotiste Patenaude (1820), Louise Courville de LaPlante (1795), Louis de la Plante (abt 1768), Louis Leriger (abt 1741), Jean Baptiste Leriger (1717), Clement Leriger.
      >
      > We were in Quebec until the early 1970s, when we left for other parents of Canada.

    • cyberdadstl
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 5, 2012
        Welcome to the group! And thanks for listing your line! Be sure and visit the "Files" section of this group. Cousin Paul Lareau posted a rather comprehensive document listing Clement Leriger's descendants - you'll be sure to want to see it.

        Clement is my 6th great grandfather. Here is my line:

        Me
        Dorothy LaPlante (1915-1981)
        Earl LaPlante (1877-1949)
        Domoneque LaPlante (1851-1918)
        Casimir LaPlante (1805-1883)
        Louis LaPlante (1769-1805)
        Jean Louis Leriger Gourville de Laplante (1741-1802)
        Jean Baptiste Leriger de Laplante (1717-1731)
        Clement Leriger (1662-1742)

        Looks like you're my 4th cousin twice removed.

        If you have any questions, or have any additional information you would like to share, please feel free to post!

        Dave Kauffman
        St. Louis, MO

        --- In leriger-laplante@yahoogroups.com, "gonedigi" <davidandkaren@...> wrote:

        > I just joined the group. My line has my grandmother, Camille Martimbeau (1910), Alexandre Martimbeau (1881), Antoine Martimbeau (1845), Theotiste Patenaude (1820), Louise Courville de LaPlante (1795), Louis de la Plante (abt 1768), Louis Leriger (abt 1741), Jean Baptiste Leriger (1717), Clement Leriger.
        >
        > We were in Quebec until the early 1970s, when we left for other parents of Canada.

      • zippyjose415
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 10, 2012
          --- In leriger-laplante@yahoogroups.com, Ken Eaton <keneaton@...> wrote:

          > Marie Roy, I have her birth record from Laprairie. Funny thing, it is in Latin
          > at a time when the priests were supposed to be writing the records in French
          > (actually, I am told it is old French, and there are definite differences). Her
          > father Pierre was born in St-Michel-le-Clou, La Rochelle, France to Charles Roy
          > & Jeanne Boyer. I don't have any more on them.
          > Anybody else on Roy or Boyer ??
          >
          > Hello, Catherine Ducharme Foi du Roi? married 1-12-1672 Montreal to Pierre Roy both from France,Daughter Marie Marguerite Roy b.5-25-1681 Laprairie d. 1-2-1758 Laprarie married 9-8-1700 Laprairie to Clement Leriger de Laplante b.9-2-1662 from Gourville France came to New France in 1685 d.5-12-1742 Hope this helps!
          >

          > ________________________________

        • zippyjose415
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 10, 2012
            --- In leriger-laplante@yahoogroups.com, "cyberdadstl" <cyberdadstl@...> wrote:

            > Ken, good idea. An easy name to start with, since most of us are descended from Clement, might be Clement's wife, Marie Roy. I have her father as Pierre Roy (1681-1758) and Catherine Ducharme (1657-1719), with 18 children. Catherine was a Fille du roi (King's Daughter), an interesting story in itself. Pierre and Catherine were both born in France and came to Quebec separately.
            >
            > Dave Kauffman
            > St. Louis, MO
            >
            > --- In leriger-laplante@yahoogroups.com, Ken Eaton <keneaton@> wrote:
            > >
            > > The other day, a jb michaud left the list. I did not even know we had a Michaud
            > > present. I was kind of sad, and thought, I wonder how far back he or she knows
            > > the Michaud line which I am connected to. Would anyone else think it might be
            > > good to kick around a few other names in the family to share info ?
            > > Also, howdy to Jeff Laplante, welcome cousin
            > >
            > > KenEaton/SanDiego

            Hello the info I have is Catherine Ducharme fille du Roi Married Pierre Roy married 1-12-1672 Montreal,ope this helps.
          • zippyjose415
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 10, 2012