PRESS RELEASE - MeiGray auctions ECHL All-Star game-worn jerseys, game-used pucks and game-worn helmets
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Jan. 21, 2013
MORE INFORMATION: Joe Babik, ECHL Director of Communications, (609) 452-0770, x-16
MeiGray auctions ECHL All-Star game-worn jerseys, game-used pucks and game-worn helmets
PRINCETON, N.J. – The ECHL in association with The MeiGray Group announced that fans will have the opportunity to purchase jerseys, pucks and helmets from the 2013 ECHL All-Star Skills Competition presented by CCM and OtterBox and the 2013 ECHL All-Star Game presented by University of Colorado Health.
“There’s nothing like All-Star Week to bring the league’s best players to one beautiful Colorado hockey spot,” said Barry Meisel, MeiGray's President and Chief Operating Officer. “It’s a great venue, a great look to the jerseys. We’re looking forward to another great auction season.”
The 2013 ECHL All-Star Week, presented by CCM, begins on Tuesday, Jan. 22 with the ECHL All-Star Skills Competition, presented by CCM and OtterBox, and continues with the ECHL All-Star Game presented by University of Colorado Health, featuring the Colorado Eagles taking on the ECHL All-Stars, on Wednesday, Jan. 23. Both events begin at 7:05 p.m. MT at the Budweiser Events Center in Loveland, Colo.
The 11th All-Star Game-Worn Jersey Auction will begin when the puck drops to start the game on Wednesday at 7:05 p.m. MT while the ninth All-Star Puck Auction will begin Jan. 25 at 6 p.m. ET and the ninth All-Star Game-Worn Skills Competition Jersey & Puck Auction will begin on Feb. 7 at 6 p.m. ET.
For the first time, game-worn helmets from the All-Star Game will be auctioned starting Jan. 31 at 6 p.m. ET.
The jerseys worn by the 21 members of the ECHL All-Star Team and the 21 members of the Colorado Eagles during the first period of play on Jan. 23 will be auctioned live during the game at ECHL.com and MeiGray.com.
In addition to the jerseys, game-used and goal-scoring pucks from the All-Star Game as well as jerseys and pucks from the skills competition will also be collected and auctioned at MeiGray.com.
Each player in the ECHL All-Star Game will wear a different jersey in each of the game’s three periods. The jerseys worn in the second period will be available to the general sports collecting public at a later date through MeiGray, a Branchburg, N.J., company that also partners with USA Hockey and directs the NHL-MeiGray Game-Worn Jersey Authentication Program. MeiGray Group is also partners with the National Basketball Association.
Each ECHL team will wear one set of home and road jerseys for the first half of the season and another set for the second half. MeiGray, which offers game-worn jerseys from all ECHL teams to hockey fans and sports collectors worldwide, owns the exclusive rights to the jerseys worn during the first half of the season while the teams own the exclusive rights to jerseys worn for the second half as well as all specialty jerseys and jerseys worn during the 2013 Kelly Cup Playoffs. Fans and collectors can order the jerseys of their favorite teams at MeiGray.com or telephone MeiGray toll-free at (888) 463-4472 for more information.
The leading distributor of game-worn hockey jerseys and "Official Game-Worn Jersey Source of the ECHL," MeiGray sold more than 500 game-worn jerseys in 2011-12 and has sold more than 6,500 since it became “The Official Game- Worn Jersey Source of the ECHL” in 2002-03.
More than 50 players from the ECHL All-Star Game have gone on to play in the National Hockey League, including 39 since 2002 when the lineups began having players who coaches felt were prospects to move up to a higher level.
The sixth class will be inducted into the ECHL Hall of Fame on Jan. 23, 2013 during a luncheon ceremony presented by BFL Canada at the Embassy Suites Hotel and Conference Center, the official host hotel of the 2013 ECHL All-Star Game.
The past nine ECHL All-Star Games have generated more than $1 million each for the local economy as guests, players, coaches and fans occupy hundreds of hotel rooms and spend three days in the host city.
Premier ‘AA’ Hockey League Fast Facts
• Watch games live on America One Sports, the “Official Broadband & Mobile Broadcaster” of the ECHL.
• The ECHL celebrates its 25th Anniversary in 2012-13 and is the third-longest tenured professional hockey league behind only the National Hockey League and the American Hockey League.
• ECHL began in 1988-89 with five teams in four states and has grown to be a coast-to-coast league with 23 teams in 16 states in 2012-13.
• The league officially changed its name from East Coast Hockey League to ECHL on May 19, 2003.
• 491 players have played in the NHL after playing in the ECHL including 23 in 2011-12.
• Former Cincinnati Cyclones forward Cory Conacher was the first former ECHL player to make his NHL debut in 2012-13 with Tampa Bay on Jan. 19.
• The ECHL has had 299 players reach the NHL since 2002-03 when it changed its focus to become the primary developmental league for the NHL and the AHL. The ECHL had 97 players reach the NHL in its first 10 seasons and 215 in the first 15 years.
• 235 ECHL players have played their first game in the last eight seasons for an average of more than 29 per year.
• ECHL had a record 87 players on NHL opening-day rosters in 2012-13, surpassing the 81 from 2011-12 and marking the 10th year in a row that there have been over 50 former ECHL players on opening-day rosters.
• ECHL has affiliations with 25 of the 30 NHL teams in 2012-13, marking the 16th consecutive season that the league had affiliations with at least 20 teams in the NHL.
• 30 coaches with an ECHL background are working behind the
(Message over 64 KB, truncated)