Brodeur, Rangers-Isles, Bruins-Leafs, Fantasy Hockey 201 + Much More!

  • Inside Hockey
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2011
      Inside Hockey Newsletter: April 1, 2011
      April 1, 2011
      Brodeur’s Future: To Retire or Not Retire?

      by Michelle Kenneth

      As the 2010-11 regular season draws to a close, Martin Brodeur has a few things on his mind.

      During the 2008-09 season, he said that he didn’t anticipate playing out the final year of his contract. Next season, Brodeur enters the final year in his contract.

      With the inevitable elimination from the playoffs for the first time since the 2004-05 lockout, the Devils not only faced one of their biggest defeats in their franchise history, but also had one of the best runs in sports history in the final half.

      But as the games wind down, the realization sinks in… it’s time to dust off the golf clubs.

      Click here to GET INSIDE!

      Isles Deal Tough Loss to Rangers

      by Brad Kurtzberg

      The New York Rangers are fighting for one of the final playoff spots in the Eastern Conference while the New York Islanders are playing for pride. But Thursday night at the Nassau Coliseum, it was the Islanders who played like a desperate team as they handily downed the Rangers 6-2 in a physical contest that could only be played between two rivals.

      The Isles scored four times in the second period to put the game away and chase Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist. Six different Islanders scored while goalie Al Montoya, a former first round pick of the Rangers, made 25 saves to earn a satisfying win against the organization that drafted him.

      It was an inspired game for the Isles, who entered the game without their leading goal goal scorer, Michael Grabner, who was with his girlfriend for the birth of their son. Defensemen Bruno Gervais and Milan Jurcina were out with injuries which left AHL call-ups Dylan Reese and Mark Katic in the lineup along with Ty Wishart who was just recalled after Andrew MacDonald’s season ending injury last week.

      Click here to GET INSIDE!

      Bruins Leave “A-Game” Behind

      by Tim Rosenthal

      BOSTON — Even though the Bruins shook off a sluggish start against the Toronto Maple Leafs Thursday night, the Black and Gold couldn’t put together their “A-Game” for the entire game resulting in a 4-3 shootout loss in front of another sellout crowd of 17,565 at the TD Garden.

      With a win, the Bruins would have clinched the Northeast Division crown. And they certainly had their chances when they entered the second intermission with a 3-2 lead with second period goals from Brad Marchand (a shorthanded goal at 2:09), David Krejci (his 13th of the year at 3:08) and Andrew Ference (his third of the season at 8:31, just 1:25 after Joffery Lupul’s 12th of the season).

      But much like their last meeting at the TD Garden, the Bruins couldn’t secure the victory and the Northeast Division title on this night…

      Click here to GET INSIDE!

      Fantasy Hockey 201: Calling All Turkeys

      by Chris Wassel

      Someone asked me the other day, what is the toughest time of year for fantasy hockey?

      I can now danswer that. That day is April 11th this year. It is the day where this year ends and next year begins.

      Now yes there are fantasy playoff pools but let us be honest, those are not the same. What multiplies the pain is if you lose a Finals because that loss lingers that much longer. However, the pain and mourning of the fantasy hockey season does pass when scouting for the new season begins.

      When does someone start their scouting? Honestly I start early and most people do now too. Honestly, I am right as I type this. Scouting helps us not only spot present turkeys, but potential future turkeys as well...

      Click here to GET INSIDE!

      Profile: John Tortorella

      GET INSIDE!
      Playoff Horses & Hopefuls

      GET INSIDE!
      Preds Escape Denver

      GET INSIDE!
      Don't Overlook the Sharks

      GET INSIDE!
      Sens' Turnaround

      GET INSIDE!
      Sens Clobber Panthers

      GET INSIDE!
      Caps Down Blue Jackets

      GET INSIDE!
      Punchless Habs Faltering

      GET INSIDE!
      Copyright © 2011, Inside Hockey Ltd * Contact Us * Join Our Team

      To unsubscribe click here.