Special Edition Trade Deadline Insider

  • Atlanta Thrashers
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2011
      Blueland Insider - Official News and Offers from the Atlanta Thrashers
      If you have trouble viewing this email click here

      THRASHERS ACQUIRE RADEK DVORAK

      The Thrashers have acquired forward Radek Dvorak and a fifth-round selection in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft from the Florida Panthers in exchange for forwards Niclas Bergfors and Patrick Rissmiller.  Dvorak has recorded 21 points (seven goals, 14 assists) in 53 games with the Panthers this season.

      FULL RELEASE I VIDEO: DVORAK ON TRADE

      THORBURN RE-SIGNED

      In addition, Chris Thorburn has agreed to a multiple-year contract extension. Thorburn has appeared in all 62 games for the Thrashers this season, earning 16 points (seven goals, nine assists) and has tied his career-high in goals.

      FULL RELEASE I BLUELAND BLOG I PHOTOS I HIGHLIGHTS

      STUART RE-SIGNED

      Defenseman Mark Stuart has also been re-signed to a multiple-year contract extension. Stuart has seen action in four contests with the Thrashers this season after being acquired by the team in a trade with Boston on Feb. 18.

      FULL RELEASE I VIDEO: STUART TALKS EXTENSION

      ROB SCHREMP CLAIMED

      The Atlanta Thrashers have claimed forward Rob Schremp off waivers from the New York Islanders. Schremp has tallied 22 points (10 goals, 12 assists) in 45 games with the Islanders this season, setting a new career-high in goals.

      FULL RELEASE I VIDEO: SCHREMP ON BEING CLAIMED

      ADDITIONAL ROSTER MOVES

      The Atlanta Thrashers have acquired defenseman Brett Festerling from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for goaltender Drew MacIntyre.
      FULL RELEASE

      The Thrashers have also acquired a seventh-round selection in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft from the Calgary Flames in exchange for forward Freddy Modin. FULL RELEASE I BLUELAND BLOG

      Forward Ben Maxwell and goaltender Peter Mannino from the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League have been recalled by the Thrashers. The team also reassigned forward Spencer Machacek to the Wolves. FULL RELEASE

      VIDEO: DUDLEY BREAKS DOWN DEADLINE DAY

      See the Thrashers in action with these upcoming match-ups:

      THRASHERS VS. CANADIENS Tickets THRASHERS VS. SENATORS
      Tickets THRASHERS VS. PANTHERS

      Want even more exclusive giveaways? All Access is your ticket to becoming an Atlanta insider. Join us for your chance to access private events, parties and concerts, and to get the latest intel. For your chance to win tickets and a VIP experience to an upcoming Hawks or Thrashers game, go to accessAtlanta.com/all-access.

      You have received this email because you are subscribed to the Blueland Insider. If you no longer wish to receive
      information from the Atlanta Thrashers, please click here.

      Atlanta Thrashers Email Administration | 101 Marietta St. | Suite 1900 | Atlanta, GA 30303