Blazers-6, Cougars-2

  • Kamloops Blazers
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2009

      Blazers Dump Cougars 6-2

      For the first time since March of 2001, the Blazers swept both ends of their doubleheader road trip to Prince George following a 6-2 win over the Cougars on Saturday night at CN Centre.  The Blazers scored the first four goals of the night for a 2-0 lead after one and 4-0 lead in the second before the Cougars got two back before the end of the middle period to cut the lead back to two goals.  The Blazers added two more in the third to put the game away.  CJ Stretch scored twice and added two assists, Shayne Wiebe scored two goals and chipped in with one assist, Zak Stebner and Jimmy Bubnick added single goals.  Final shots were 32-32 with Justin Leclerc getting the win while Joe Caligiuri takes the loss.  The Blazers were 2-for-5 on the powerplay and 5-for-6 on the penalty kill.