Blades-4, Blazers-3 (OT)

  • Kamloops Blazers
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2008

      BLADES EARN OT WIN OVER BLAZERS

      Derek Hulak scored two powerplay goals - including the winner at 2:15 of OT - as the Saskatoon Blades eked out a 4-3 win over the Blazers on Tuesday night at ISC.  Adam Chorneyko scored twice in the first period - sandwiching a Brendan Ranford powerplay goal - for a 2-1 Saskatoon lead after one.  Kenton Dulle scored on a late second-period powerplay to tie the game at two after two.  Hulak restored the Blades one-goal lead early in the third but Jimmy Bubnick scored with 38 seconds left in the third with Justin Leclerc on the bench for the extra attacker to force overtime.  Final shots were 42-26 Blades with Braden Holtby getting the win while Justin Leclerc took the OTL.  The Blazers were 2-for-7 on the powerplay while the Blades were 2-for-9.