Chiefs-6, Blazers-2

  • Kamloops Blazers
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 10, 2008

      CHIEFS PUT BLAZERS AWAY IN THIRD

      Ondrej Roman's second goal of the game midway through the third period gave the Chiefs a 4-2 lead and added two more on the powerplay in a 6-2 win over the Blazers on Wednesday in Spokane.

      Roman opened the scoring on a first-period penalty shot with Justin McCrae adding a pair for a 3-0 lead early in the second.  Jimmy Bubnick then converted on a 2-on-1 with Brady Calla banging in a goalmouth rebound to cut the lead to 3-2 after two.

      Final shots were 39-28 Chiefs with Justin Leclerc taking the loss and Dustin Tokarski picking up the win.  The Blazers were 0-for-5 on the PP while the Chiefs were 3-for-5.

      Next up: a visit to Tri-Cities on Friday.

    • Kamloops Blazers
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2008

        BIG SECOND PERIOD DOES IT FOR CHIEFS

        The defending Memorial Cup Champion Spokane Chiefs scored 4 goals in the second period en route to a 6-2 win over the Blazers on Tuesday night at ISC.  Tyler Shattock - in the first period - and CJ Stretch - in the third, both on the powerplay, counted for the Blazer offense while Mitch Wahl scored twice and added two assists to pace the Chief attack.  Shots were 35-32 for Spokane with Dustin Tokarski getting the win and Jon Groenheyde taking the loss.  The Blazers were 2-for-7 on the PP and 1-for-1 on the PK.