Re: [leon_sparc] Leon in silicon

  • Jiri Gaisler
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2001
      kkobata wrote:

      > Does anyone know of any company and/or
      > organization that
      > has taken the Leon rtl source and produce working
      > silicon ?

      Atmel-Nantes has manufactured what is belived the first LEON silicon.
      The device uses the LEON-FT model, and was manufactured on 0.35 CMOS.
      A test board has recently been assembled and the test programs that
      have been run so far (including paranoia FPU test) all work OK. The
      board has been tested at 50 MHz. Once all tests are completed, I will
      provide more information.

      Jiri.

      Gaisler Research, Plantageg. 5, 41305 Goteborg, Sweden, +46-73-9927100
      email: jiri@..., home page: http://www.gaisler.com
    • thierry.corbiere@atmel-nantes.fr
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 16, 2001
        Yes,

        We at ATMEL wireless & microcontrollers did a full synthesis to our
        0.35um technology. The silicon came out few days ago and EVERYTHING
        works fine in excess of 50MHz. Indeed, it was the LEON v1xxx version.

        thierry

        has taken the Leon rtl source and produce working
        silicon ?
        At what frequency is the Leon operating ? Who was
        their
        foundry ? What was the application ?

        Look forward to a reply.
        thanks,