Week-end fun with LEON-2!

  • Jiri Gaisler
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 2002
      I have just uploaded the first version of LEON-2 to www.gaisler.com.
      The modifications compared to leon1-2.4.0 are:

      * Addition of on-chip debug support (dsu, dsu_mem, dcom, dcom_uart)
      * Addition of data cache snooping for Virtex and ATC25 targets
      * Modification of AHB arbiter bus arbitration
      * Fixed problem with multiple break detection in UART (uart.vhd)
      * Reading the baudrate register in UART returned scaler (uart.vhd)
      * Various area/speed optimisations (iu, dcache)
      * Added one BRDYN-controlled ram chip select
      * Various documentation fixes

      The new debug support unit provides a completely non-intrusive
      debug environment on real target hardware, similar to what is
      availble with TSIM. A debug monitor (DSUMON) to control the DSU
      is available as has in fact a similar interface as TSIM. DSUMON
      can also work as a gdb gateway, allowing full source-level debugging
      with gdb. Note that with the DSU, a boot-prom is not longer needed
      since the debug mode can be entered directly at reset and DSUMON
      will auto-probe the system and configure the memory controller,
      uarts and timers.

      Feed-back and (potential) bug reports are welcome!

      Jiri.

      Gaisler Research, Stora Nygatan 13, 411 08 Goteborg, Sweden, +46-31802405
      fax: +44-870-1361460 email: info@..., home page: www.gaisler.com
    • 조기대\(Cho, kidae\)
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8, 2002
        메시지
        Hi.. there..

        I thank for your doing your best always..

        I expected DMA function in new Leon .. But there is no any refering about that.

        I just wanna know wheather you have the plan to release DMA part..

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 8, 2002
          조기대(Cho, kidae) wrote:

          > I thank for your doing your best always..
          >
          > I expected DMA function in new Leon .. But there is no any refering
          > about that.
          >
          > I just wanna know wheather you have the plan to release DMA part..

          There is a simple DMA engine provided in dma.vhd. It is included
          as an example that you can use to build your own custom DMA.

          Jiri.

          Gaisler Research, Stora Nygatan 13, 411 08 Goteborg, Sweden, 073-9927100
          email: jiri@..., home page: http://www.gaisler.com