Update uClinux/Sparc progress

  • The LEOX team
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2001
      The LEOX team is pleased to announce its first alpha version (0821) of
      uClinux/Sparc port.
      Have a look at http://www.leox.org/resources/sw.html#RES_SW_UCLINUX

      We have updated the preliminary port (done by Donald Jeff Dionne) of the
      uClinux kernel version 2.0.38 for the LEON core to Greg Ungerer's
      general uClinux distribution. This distribution is a lot easier to use,
      since you pretty much get everything you need in one package. This code
      package also includes the latest uClinux kernel snapshots from the CVS
      archive at cvs.uclinux.org.

      When patched with our uClinux port, the kernel code base supports
      generic Sparc MMUless architecture and includes support for building
      LEON over TSIM remote Sparc simulator target.

      The uClinux/Sparc kernel is running (see the boot sequence), but from
      now there is still no libraries and no userland applications ported to
      the Sparc MMUless architecture. This port provides a test_romdisk
      directory under the uClinux kernel code base. It includes a simple
      user-space application, a ROM disk and the howto text file to build
      everything. This simple init process outputs an 'A' on the UART1 of the
      LEON core.

      Best Regards
      The LEOX team

      http://www.leox.org : Free Hardware and Software Resources for