Re: [lemierres_syndrome] New York Times Magazine!

  • Amie Hyson
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 12, 2008
      Wow Tammy..that is awesome! Sorry I don't have any info or advice on starting a foundation, but knowing you, you'll figure it out! Let me know if I can do anything to help from out her in Massachusetts.

      *Amie

      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 14, 2008
        Hi Tammy!
        I had LS four years ago and however I could be of an assistance to
        you, please let me know!!!
        P.S.,
        IGNORANCE KILLS!!!!
        --- In lemierres_syndrome@yahoogroups.com, "Mrs. Valencia"
        <sunflwz2@...> wrote:

        > Hi there, about 1 month ago I emailed the lady who wrote a column
        about "Diagnosis" in the New York Times Magazine.  WELL, she emailed
        me yesterday and I did an interview with her this morning over the
        phone!  She is going to call my mom today and get more details.  She
        said it will be in the Sept 14th issue!!!   She said she has millions
        of readers!  Now I just need to get my booty moving on creating a
        foundation or organization.....  Anyone know how to do that?  lol

        > Thank you for all your help and support!  I know Justin is laughing
        his booty off up there b/c he has become so famous

        > Tammy
        >
        > www.lemierresyndromejrodgers.blogspot.com
        >
        > Check out our website and pass it along to everyone you know.
        >
        > Knowledge is power!
        >
        > We love you little brother!

      • Kimberly
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 30, 2008
          I'm currently writing a book about Lemierre's Syndrome and my story. I thought by adding the many other stories the book would help others in a bigger way. I would be willing to send all who contribute a free copy of the book.

          I appreciate any contributions. The more we educate others about this terrible disease the more lives we could possibly save!

          Thanks!
          Kimberly
        • Asha
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 30, 2008
            Definatley, I really want to help raise awareness of LS but have no
            idea of how to go about it... Anyway I made a little website which has
            an about me section explaining my personal experience. So if you want
            to use that plase feel free. Asha x

            --- In lemierres_syndrome@yahoogroups.com, "Kimberly" <kimberly@...>
            wrote:

            > I'm currently writing a book about Lemierre's Syndrome and my story.
            I thought by adding the many other stories the book would help others
            in a bigger way. I would be willing to send all who contribute a free
            copy of the book.

            > I appreciate any contributions. The more we educate others about
            this terrible disease the more lives we could possibly save!

            > Thanks!
            > Kimberly

          • Kimberly
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 30, 2008
              Great! Thanks so much! Send me the link! I'll go take a look! =)

              Kimberly

              wrote:

              > I'm currently writing a book about Lemierre's Syndrome and my story.
              I thought by adding the many other stories the book would help others
              in a bigger way. I would be willing to send all who contribute a free
              copy of the book.

              > I appreciate any contributions. The more we educate others about
              this terrible disease the more lives we could possibly save!

              > Thanks!
              > Kimberly

            • Amie Hyson
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 30, 2008
                Hi Kimberly. What a great idea. I would love to share my daugther's story. I feel that it would be a good addition to the book  because it would illustrate what can happen if someone with Lemirres is fortunate enough to be diagnosed quickly. If you are interested in this sort of angle let me know and I will get to work on it. If so, could you also let know what the deadline would be. Thanks and, I know I've said this before, but I'll say once again that what you are doing is amazing and I know your brother is smiling down on you from heaven and grateful that his death was not in vain, but part of something that will help so many others to not have to suffer in the way that he and your family have.

                Many blessings,
                *Amie

                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 30, 2008
                  Oh yeah that might be a good idea oops!
                  http://www.freewebs.com/lemierres
                  The main bit is in the 'about me' section x

                  wrote:

                  > Great! Thanks so much! Send me the link! I'll go take a look! =)
                  >
                  > Kimberly

                • taliatroister
                  Message 8 of 19 , Aug 31, 2008
                    Hi Kimberly,

                    I would be happy to share what I went through this summer, and what I
                    think I have made a full recovery from (I was also diagnosed early
                    enough). I guess just let me know if there is anything specific you are
                    looking for in the stories and when to send it to you.
                    Thanks!
                    Talia
                    wrote:

                    > I'm currently writing a book about Lemierre's Syndrome and my story.
                    I thought by adding the many other stories the book would help others
                    in a bigger way. I would be willing to send all who contribute a free
                    copy of the book.

                    > I appreciate any contributions. The more we educate others about this
                    terrible disease the more lives we could possibly save!

                    > Thanks!
                    > Kimberly

                  • Alishia
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 1, 2008
                      I would be happy to share my story too. I wrote a lot of it on a post
                      on here, but I could also send it in an e-mail too. Please let me
                      know what you need me to do to help out.

                      ---Alishia

                      wrote:

                      > I'm currently writing a book about Lemierre's Syndrome and my story.
                      I thought by adding the many other stories the book would help others
                      in a bigger way. I would be willing to send all who contribute a free
                      copy of the book.

                      > I appreciate any contributions. The more we educate others about
                      this terrible disease the more lives we could possibly save!

                      > Thanks!
                      > Kimberly

                    • Kimberly
                      Message 10 of 19 , Sep 1, 2008
                        Great! I'll look for your previous post to save you from having to type it all out again and if I have any questions I'll email ya!

                        Thanks so much!

                        Kimberly

                        wrote:

                        > I'm currently writing a book about Lemierre's Syndrome and my story.
                        I thought by adding the many other stories the book would help others
                        in a bigger way. I would be willing to send all who contribute a free
                        copy of the book.

                        > I appreciate any contributions. The more we educate others about
                        this terrible disease the more lives we could possibly save!

                        > Thanks!
                        > Kimberly

                      • tennis1mom
                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 3, 2008
                          wrote:

                          > Great! I'll look for your previous post to save you from having to
                          type it all out again and if I have any questions I'll email ya!

                          > Thanks so much!
                          >
                          > Kimberly

                          I would love to share my daughter's story. It's all a miracle as to
                          how she survived. It happen a year ago "summer of 2007" a rising
                          high shcool senior. She was flown to Chrildren's Hospital MUSC in
                          Charleston, SC. I have newspaper articles and recounts of a story by
                          the doctors at MUSC. If you are interested I will write it up and e-
                          mail it to you. Andrea Stanford
                        • Kimberly
                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 4, 2008
                            Absolutely! I'm interested in all stories with Lemierre's =) Thanks so much to everyone!

                            > Great! I'll look for your previous post to save you from having to
                            type it all out again and if I have any questions I'll email ya!

                            > Thanks so much!
                            >
                            > Kimberly

                          • Caroline Weiershausen
                            Message 13 of 19 , Sep 5, 2008
                              I would really like to share my story as well, I am also writing about my own experiences, but I think the more awareness the better!

                              ~ Caroline

                              Message 14 of 19 , Sep 5, 2008
                                Sweet! I wouldn't mind adding your book title to a list of sources etc.

                                Message 15 of 19 , Jan 18, 2009
                                  Hi Kimberly,
                                  I have been having a hard time with keeping up with my mail and life.... just so difficult to even work up the energy to check the simplest things since losing Erick.  I wanted to find out if it's to late to share Erick's story?  Most of it is here on the LS site but the years that followed his recovery haven't been documented and I would make a valiant attempt to do that if you wanted his Story....
                                  Sending you my best,
                                  Vera
                                  Could you email me at vstockert@...

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jan 18, 2009

                                    Hey there! I sent you an email to the address you’ve given. Thanks so much! I look forward to reading Erick’s story.

                                    Again for anyone who may have missed my earlier email. I’m in the process of gathering stories of those who have been touched by this disease. I am offering those who contribute a free copy of the book. Because it is something that I’m doing in my free time It’s a slow process.

                                    I also would like to know if anyone out there knows of a family or situation where Lemierre’s may have caused a financial burden on a family or person so that any proceeds that come from the sale of the book could either help a family in need or some sort of group that is associated with this disease. Seeing that the book will be in electronic format there won’t be any upfront costs and all of the income from the sale can be used to help others.

                                    I started the book as therapy for myself with dealing with this disease and having to explain to family members exactly how dangerous this is and how close I came to leaving them. I don’t look for financial gain but to help someone that has been where I have.

                                    I enjoy having you guys to talk to because you DO understand.

                                    Thanks for listening!!

                                    Love to you all

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jan 22, 2009
                                      Kim:

                                      I would love to share my storey in your book, just tell me what I need to do!  Thanks for the opportunity.

                                      Caroline

                                      Could you email me at vstockert@hotmail. com

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Jan 22, 2009
                                        Kim:

                                        I would love to share my story in your book, just tell me what I need to do!  Thanks for the opportunity.

                                        Caroline