new member

  • akela1_uk@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6, 2000
      i wish to talk to other people who have had lemierres.
    • kilpatrg@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2001
        --- In lemierres_syndrome@egroups.com.sg, akela1_uk@y... wrote:
        > i wish to talk to other people who have had lemierres.

        I had Lemierre's last year. Not much fun at all but I've escaped
        without too many problems. Only lasting issue results from damage to
        the nerve to my tongue, which means that I can't move it on one side.
        I notice in your later email that you still have problems with your
        neck. You don't hear about this sort of thing in the papers on
        Lemierre's. I wonder if this is because its rare or whether they just
        concentrate on the (acute) major problems?

        Gavin
      • Kewlfarmer@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2001
          thanks for your reply on lemeires, actually it was my 21 yr old niece who
          came down with problem last november..She is doing remarkably well
          considering how close she came to death last fall. She seems constantly
          fatigued now and has complication with one lung that was surgically inflated
          at one time. However she has enrolled in school again and expects a complete
          recovery.
          I was striving to find any info on subject last fall, hope your health
          is good and if you wish to write about your expierences i would be intrested
          in chatting bout this rare medical problem.......thanks........:-)
        • Serra Rinake
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 9, 2001
            --- In lemierres_syndrome@y..., kilpatrg@a... wrote:
            > --- In lemierres_syndrome@egroups.com.sg, akela1_uk@y... wrote:
            > > i wish to talk to other people who have had lemierres.
            >
            > I had Lemierre's last year. Not much fun at all but I've escaped
            > without too many problems. Only lasting issue results from damage
            > the nerve to my tongue, which means that I can't move it on one
            side.
            > I notice in your later email that you still have problems with your
            > neck. You don't hear about this sort of thing in the papers on
            > Lemierre's. I wonder if this is because its rare or whether they
            just
            > concentrate on the (acute) major problems?
            >
            > Gavin

            You know I've heard a million different reasons for why my tongue
            could be messed up. My mom said it was pushed to the side when I was
            on a respirator and whatnot. Some doctors said the nerve could have
            been affected (stretched or something) during my surgery
            (removal/ligation of jugular vein). And... Oh I forget the other one
            >_<
            I can move my tongue fine now... but it goes to the side a bit. If I
            stick my tongue out, it goes to the right ={ heh

            Hm... I am just reading over things now. What kind of problems with
            neck? My neck feels funny... For a while I couldn't move it at all
            and they kept wanting me to exercise it. Hated that. It's a strange
            kind of pain, you know?
          • akela borac
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 29, 2001
              --- In lemierres_syndrome@y..., "Serra Rinake"

            • LadybugMN@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 5, 2001
                I have read several papers about people having brain damage and nerve
                problems in different parts of their bodies!  you should discuss things with
                your doctor!!
                mary