      From: emynems33
      Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 5:55 PM
      Subject: [lemierres_syndrome] Brother just diagnosed

      I just found this group, and could really use some support right now.
      My 19 year old brother has been hospitalized since Thursday, sick for a
      week before that, and today finally diagnosed with Lemierres Syndrome.
      He went to both urgent care and his doctors, and was just told that he
      should take tylenol and will "feel better soon." Even after admittance
      to the hospital, it took them over a day to get started on antibiotics
      at all, thinking it was just a severe case of mono. Today the blood
      cultures came back showing the bacteria. He was so incredibly healthy,
      it's just hard to imagine how sick he is right now :(.

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic