SIG mtg summary '09

  • harperindexing
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2009
      Greetings,
      We had a productive meeting in April. We were very pleased with the high level of interest in the SIG and our thanks go to everyone who attended.

      Members present: Alan Walker, Paula Unger, Terri Hudoba, Julie Matson, Maureen MacGlashan, Enid Zafran, Jim Diggins, Dave Ream, Maria Sosnowski, Mary Harper, Mary Wendt.

      1. The SIG met during the Friday lunch at the Portland ASI conference. Tables were set aside for each SIG, and we had so many members present that a couple of members or potential members didn't have space at the table.

      2. Mary Harper gave some introductory comments about the SIG. Maria Sosnowski gave a brief summary of the financial position of the SIG based on the financial statement Susan Barnes had prepared. In short, we started 2008 with $419.86 and ended the year with $790.49. This puts us in a position to continue funding the website fees and the Google Adwords campaign.

      3. Mary Wendt presented information about the publishers contact marketing program that we have been doing. The program involves calls to editors of legal materials to let them know that the SIG and the website exist, so that when they are looking to hire a legal indexer they think of us. We are always looking for volunteers to help with this. You can contact Mary Wendt to get a list of five editors to contact. The more awareness of the SIG the more of a marketing tool it can be. There is a script that has been prepared for your use. This is not time sensitive, so if you take a list of names you can even spend several months working on it.

      We plan to relay the discussion items raised at the meeting to the listserv one by one. Since the meeting, the five SIG leaders have been reviewing them to see which of the suggestions we could take immediate action on and which we felt needed further consideration.

      The minutes of the meeting will be kept in the Files section of this Yahoo Group. We'll also keep a record of the actions taken in response to the suggestions there.

      Best regards,
      Mary Harper
      Maria Sosnowski