Re: Welcome to leftbanke@onelist.com

  • Tom Casey
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 10, 1998
      Hi Mark..

      It might interset you to know that my father was the recording engineer
      for "Dark Is The Bark", a very cool Left Banke song. he also
      did alot of Hendrix, Lovin' Spoonful, Cowsills and Vanilla Fudge.
      Email me if you'd like, I'll tellya more. At the moment I'mn staying at
      a friend's in Florida....tomcasey1@...

      -Mark Radice
    • marc ellis
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 11, 1998
        Hi.

        I never heard that song. In fact, the only songs I've heard by them were
        the two big hits. Both were brilliant pieces of music. That's why I joined.

        I'm in New Orleans. I have some recording gear. But I'm no engineer.

        Ciao

        Marc Ellis
        http://www.fantomas.org

      • MICROKOZ@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 22, 1998
          ......i was wondering if montage ever got reissued on cd????? i've got a copy
          of a left banke comp. on bam saruso i dont need anymore cos i have the cd comp
          now.......any one need it? its on vinyl though......i'd like to trade it w/
          anyone who has an extra copy of the montage reissue on bam
          caruso[vinyl]......also......would like to know what michael brown is doing
          these days.....steve martin...etc.....thanks jim rao
        • MICROKOZ@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 22, 1998
            ......i also have a mint copy of the beckies lp.....anyone need it???? i will
            trade it for montage....or even if someone wants to do a tape
            trade.....whatever.....i don't really care for the beckies lp too much so i'm
            selling it anyway.....minimum bid is $8.....i know iknow.......this list is
            for left banke discussions only.....but maybe theres someone out there who
            might have been looking for this a long time....and has an xtra montage cd/lp
            or........ok ok i'm going now...byebye..jim rao
          • SandboxElvis@xxxxx.xxx
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 28, 1998
              Walk away Rene was a song I liked alot years ago. I sort of just sang
              along with the chorus. Just last year I hear this dude on Austin City
              Limits singing it in this slow, almost tortured manor and I'm knocked
              out by the lyrics and his cover. Can anyone help me with the singer's
              name? If this isn't a proper question for this site, my apologies and
              just junk my note.
              thanks SE
            • BelleHeavn@xxx.xxx
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 28, 1999
                I've been searching for a wav file of Left Banke's "Pretty Ballerina," but
                haven't found a thing at websites. Do you know where I could find one?

                BelleHeavn@...
              • Poi
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 31, 1999
                  leftbanke-owner@onelist.com escribi�:

                • BrianMac48@xxx.xxx
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 31, 1999
                    I saw the Left Banke open for The Young Rascals back in December 1966 and I
                    became an avid fan immediately. They were a very polished band whose
                    instrumentation was just as impressive as their vocals. I was so impressed
                    with their live show that I went right out the very next day and bought their
                    first album. Thinking back to that night, the one song that really stands out
                    in my mind is "I Haven't Got The Nerve". I was so impressed with Michael
                    Brown and the way his harpsicord added so much to their sound. They were
                    truly one great band.
                  • MICROKOZ@xxx.xxx
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 26, 1999
                      .....wow, i don't know......but i'd sure love to hear them too.....jim rao
                    • Mark Greenstein
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 26, 1999
                        ----------
                        > From: leftbanke-owner@onelist.com
                        > To: mgreen@...
                        > Subject: [leftbanke] Welcome to leftbanke@onelist.com
                        > Date: Tuesday, February 23, 1999 9:37 PM
                        >
                        > Hello,
                        >
                        > Hello Left Banke fans!
                        >
                        > I would like to welcome you all to the Left Banke List!
                        >
                        > I created this list because there is a real lack interest in The Left
                        Banke on
                        > the
                        > internet, with the exception of one very good website, but there is
                        nowhere
                        > fans can go and talk about there favorite band. So I have created this
                        > discussion list for all the fans of The Left Banke. Let the discussions
                        > begin!!!!
                        >
                        > To unsubscribe from this list, go to the ONElist web site, at
                        > www.onelist.com, and select the User Center link from the menu bar
                        > on the left. This menu will also let you change your subscription
                        > between digest and normal mode.
                        >

                        > Thanks,
                        > Mark Strong

                        Dear Mark,

                        It is great to know that there are other Left Banke fans out there. What a
                        wonderful group with such a talented songwriter and singer. Do you know if
                        there are any Left Banke bootlegs or other Steve Martin or Michael Brown
                        items besides the obvious released items?

                        How does this work? Do all postings go to me automatically or do I have to
                        enter onelist to puruse the list of messages?

                        Looking forward to hearing from you.

                        Mark
                      • Candice Chamberlain
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 26, 1999
                          Hi Guys:
                          My name is Candi Chamberlain, and I've been a fan of the Left Banke since the
                          very early beginning. "Walk Away Renee" was the very first 45 I ever bought
                          in October of 1966, and I was (and remain) one of their biggest supporters.
                          I've been a radio personality since 1975 and have played the Left Banke's
                          records on many different stations. Currently, I have a Sunday night free
                          form oldies show where I've played such incredible selections as "She May Call
                          You Up Tonight" and "I've Got Something On My Mind". I'm 43 and live in Santa
                          Rosa, CA.
                          A quick bizarre aside on Michael Brown...my oldest brother was briefly married
                          to the woman Michael Brown wound up with directly following his relationship
                          with Renee Flavin. Weird, huh? One of those definite "six degrees" deals.
                          -Candi Chamberlain

                          Message 12 of 13 , Aug 18, 1999
                            So where is the chatting and the discussing all going down, exactly? So far,
                            this just looks like a mailing list. Please reply.
                          • TheOldFolksBackHome
                            Message 13 of 13 , Aug 18, 1999
                              Sometimes there's lots of discussion, somethimes it thins out. You can read
                              the digests
                              of previous messages. Supposedly there may be an interview of Michael Brown
                              coming.
                              There are also tapes being circulated if you're interested!
                              Todd.