" IF IT ISN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT. "

  • jimstixcountrymusic
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2003
      "IF IT ISN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT."

      BY; Jimmy Stix ---March 5, 2003

      www.jimmystix.com
      www.jimstix.com
      www.northeastcma.org
      www.clabranson.org
      www.countryradio.com

      How many of you heard the expression, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it?"

      I'm willing to gamble, most of you have.

      Well, the system of things that run our main stream country radio is
      now broke. For years now it has been decaying in such a slow degree,
      that most have not even noticed , and it's like floating in a boat,
      fishing without an anchor, and before you know it, you look up, with
      the reality that you are lost. Where are all the old friends you once
      knew? And why did I allow myself to be sidetrack from the more
      important issue?

      Now you, and yours may not find the way out of this segregated
      problem? Will Country ever be united on radio in peace? Or do you
      care? After all, you may find a great life floating around, making
      lots of money, and not putting much importance on good seasoned, solid
      freinds and family. They cost you too much money anyway, right?

      We must fix it gang. Do you know why it's broke? Because too many
      people are not getting the right signals from the "main drive", and
      the "main drive" is operating without the proper information .
      Information vital to it's proper funtion. A funtion that, "unites"
      and not segregates all it's members. The operations that gives
      everyone peace of mind, and satisfaction with regard to our Country
      Music "Air-waves".

      By uniting the members, our COUNTRY will continue to be the greatest
      operation of fantastic music the world will ever experience!

      My father (a country music "Bluegrass" musician of the 1940s and
      1950s, and who "Pass-a-way" the same day as a good friend did, the
      great legendary star of country music, Waylon Jennings) use to always
      like using that phrase, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it". And I
      always think of it when I travel, and listen to "New Country Radio" in
      my car. When I do not hear, the BRAND NEW RELEASES of all our
      legendary, seasoned country music stars! So many great legendary stars
      are out there recording more "country" for Americans and they don't
      seem to care that the "Main-Drive" has kicked the old timers off the
      "Airwaves", saying that the young people of today don't want to hear
      these old men and women anymore. Is that really true gang?
      Think about it?

      When I read great articles (COUNTRY MUSIC magazine of April/May
      2003--page 67) about great country music legendary stars like David
      Allen Coe, and touring with "Kid-Rock" even when Kid-Rock's
      management highly was agianst such, the crowds went crasy when he went
      on stage! Why? Why did they go crasy? After all, the consultants in
      America are saying that should not happen? And no, gang, this is not
      an isolated event. The country music legendary stars are still capable
      of turning the heads of young and older Americans, with their great
      BRAND NEW RELEASES!

      Professionals in this country music business like me, are not saying
      we don't like change.

      We are not saying here, that we don't like the country music on the
      radio.

      We are not even saying here, that we want to hear all the old music
      from these seasoned country music legendary stars on the main
      programs, the primetime!

      What we are saying here, is this, we the people, of this COUNTRY,
      would love to hear the BRAND NEW RELEASES of our legendary country
      music stars on primetime "NEW COUNTRY RADIO" . There is no, excuse
      why these stars are not on our AMERICAN "airwaves"!

      I am a big believer in, "If it's not broke, don't fix it"!

      Well, the system that ignores our great country music legendary
      seasoned stars is broke! So fix it!

      When I was a boy, about 4 and 5 years old, my Mom and Dad use to take
      us back to their home town, Williamsport, PA USA, about 2 or 3 times
      per year. For they moved to Connectcut in the year of (I think)
      1948. I was born in Connecticut in 1952. My father had an old 49
      Plymouth (Grey) with a great back window for my brother Bob, and I to
      sleep near. We use to fight over who got the back window to sleep
      near. Of course he won mostly, cause he is the baby of our family of
      five children, being two years younger than me.

      It use to take about 10 hours to get there, for we did not have
      superlane highways then. Now it only takes about five hours from my
      folks city, "Brass-City", Waterbury, Connecticut. Of course I live in
      New York USA today. But, still have family there.

      I remember laying in the back window of that old plymouth listening to
      Wheelen West Virginia , and old country music from many of the stars
      who are still living, recording, and putting out great country music
      today. My whole family use to sing along with all the great country on
      the radio back then. Even when the music of the 30s and 40s came on,
      my father loved listening to it, and even if I was not real crasy
      about the tunes of that age, I am very glad it was on radio, because
      it made my father and mother real happy!

      Radio was uniting our country, and it was strong then. Country music
      was truely an art, and the ones who sang the music, you could tell
      they had their hearts in the songs deeply.

      I still travel alot "now-a-days", and I can't help but hear a
      segregating tune in "New Country Radio".

      A Tune that truely segregates our great country to peaces. A tune is
      playing that Country Music Families everywhere should fix. Before we
      end up divided in such a way, that will kill the meaning of a GREAT
      COUNTRY!

      My father's words still ring in my head, "If it ain't broke, don't
      fix it". Is country music radio broke gang? Then let's fix it.

      Cause our COUNTRY doesn't seem united. Young and old. Yes! What New
      Country Radio plays, and doesn't play, is that serious!

      Radio is the "Life-line" for every star of country music, even the
      continued success of legendary stars like David Allen Coe! Don't shut
      them off radio! Don't pull their "Life-line" plug and kill them, for
      too many country music people want to hear them, even today!

      The debate about this issue is growing too old, and we all have too
      much to lose if we don't fix it now. For that would be like waiting
      for the tide, to bring you back in from the sea, when your in that
      boat under hot tempertures facing a great lose, that will never bring
      you happiness, good health, and continued success!

      _______________________end of article.

      HOWDY GANG!!

      I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO ATTENDING THIS COMING YEAR, THE LEBANON VALLEY
      SPEED WAY IS MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME!! YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN GANG?

      THERE'S NOTHING LIKE GREAT COUNTRY MUSIC, FAST CARS, AND GREAT WOMEN,
      AND MY GREATEST JOY, AND INTEREST IS NOT NESSESARYLY IN THAT ORDER
      GANG! LOL!!!!!!!

      HOPED YOU ALL LIKED READING MY COUNTRY MUSIC ARTICLE, PUBLISHED IN
      MANY COUNTRY MUSIC MAGAZINES, AND NEWS PAPERS THROUGHOUT THIS GREAT
      COUNTRY OF OURS!

      YOURS TRUELY PARTNERS,

      JIMMY STIX
      www.northeastcma.org