new member.

  • stwood68
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2004
      Just found this group. Isit still active? I have been braiding for a
      long time, and might be able to help. I am particularly fond of
      braided knots and Have done some research. I would be gladto answer
      any questions thatI could.
    • macan
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 20, 2004
        Hi  I am Macan from Serbia and i forgot that i joined this group so i will try to introduce myself. I new in braiding because here is hard to get books from US but  I manage somehow to get Grants book. I learned to braid some knots as you can see from my photo ( Macan's bracelets) I still dont know how to bevel sides of lace practicaly (sorry about my english).i would appreciate criticism and help.Thanks in advance
        Just found this group. Isit still active? I have been braiding for a
        long time, and might be able to help. I am particularly fond of
        braided knots and Have done some research. I would be gladto answer
        any questions thatI could.

        Welcome!
        Tell us a little about yourself. How long have you been braiding. What do you braid with?

      • Sidney Wood
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 20, 2004
          macan wrote:

          > Hi I am Macan from Serbia and i forgot that i joined this group so i
          > will try to introduce myself. I new in braiding because here is hard
          > to get books from US but I manage somehow to get Grants book. I
          > learned to braid some knots as you can see from my photo ( Macan's
          > bracelets) I still dont know how to bevel sides of lace practicaly
          > (sorry about my english).i would appreciate criticism and help.Thanks
          > in advance----- Original Message -----
          >
          > Leather such as goatskin or kangroo in weights of 4 oz or
          > less cut into lace really doesn't need to be beveled for
          > braid or knots. ( 1 oz = 1/64 inch in thickness )
          > For heavier leather, a small western edger (#2 or #3
          > ) does a fair job if you hold a straight edge against
          > the opposite edge of the thong or strap and cut on the flesh
          > side at about 45 degrees. For rawhide, after it is
          > tempered, a very sharp utility works, but it is a tedious
          > process.
          >
          > Welcome and good luck
          >
          > Sidney Wood
          >
          > Clyde Tex.