knotted necklaces/chokers question

  • mula_terca
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2002
      Hello!

      Honestly, I don't know much about leatherworking--I work mostly with
      silver--but I have some nice 1/2 -1mm cord I want to use in an amber
      and lampwork glass bead necklace, knotted between each bead. I know
      from experience what a problem stretching is with silk and, worse,
      nylon cord for stringing beads. You have to stretch them beforehand
      and string tightly unless you like a saggy, larger-than-expected
      necklace with the beads jiggling in place. I know for a fact that
      leather stretches over time; is this a problem with cord? Should I
      tug at it or hang it off the bannister with a weight, the way I do
      with the silk and nylon cords? Oil it? Do something else I'd never
      thought would make a difference? Taking a look at some of the
      leatherworking groups here, I thought you folks might have some
      advice closer to the mark for this question...thanks for your
      suggestions!