Knowledge Based Approach

  • samuel kongere
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 5:54 AM
      Hi all,

      Joining this online think tank lab (Miniciu Sodas) two or more years ago, I had to ask myself, How I can find for Myself and live Comfortably while helping others?. This was a time I had to volunteer myself to help community in getting first hand information on primary health care. We came out with the best Standard indicator tool for evaluation (SITE) which made it very easy for the NGO we were working for, to be able to monitor demographics of families around Rusinga Island. But what was our secret? One might say, dedication: surely dedication can bring it. I was profoundly confined to an island without information but when I came to join this think tank lab; my hopes were best on the troubling question?. One we had to go for information, share it through collaboration and partnering with other orgs and people. Since then, the success is immense. I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.
      Success does not just come but is developed. All my growth and development led me to believe that if you really do the right thing, and if you play by the rules, and if you've got good enough, solid judgment and common sense, that you're going to be able to do whatever you want to do with your life. As one once said “To follow without halt, one aim; there is the secret of success. And success? What is it? I do not find it in the applause of the theater; it lies rather in the satisfaction of accomplishment”. So far, what we have achieved in helping others. I have been able to connect this island with willing friends and we are soon celebrating. We have been able to share with the rest of the world. Through the global villages Mbita and Rusinga featured well through money mind and are mapped for future collaborations. We have been able to work as a team in spearheading the ideal question of helping others across this region. Uyoga in Tanzania is born through this collaboration, we were able to meet and discuss the future or our region through connection. I thank Maria, Janet and Andrius for the great work of connecting us here in Mendenyo.
      Although much can be told in this view but there is one lingering part not going to be completed, if our communities are not knowledgeable with information to prosper. Why people talk about ICT4D? and is our
       people gaining access to ICT, the supper highway for modern development? The divide is still very minimally achieved ‘top to bottom’. Bring to think another question, How can i change our people's mind set to knowledge based approach? My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own. I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze. My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny. Reasons could be general but immediately we leave the classrooms we are no longer hoping to research for changes in development this is why many are getting the assumption that we are capable but without knowledge added you cannot excel.

      Knowledge based approach is some intelligent thinking in management which must be acquired. This will include; resource-based, competence-based, etc. There must be resources for this type of approach. Where by most activities are subjected more to traditional economics of organizational theories to strong critiques and property rights. We examine key ideas of the knowledge-based approach, the argument is that, these are not necessarily in conflict with basic ideas from organizational economics (particularly ideas relating to the property rights approach), but are either complementary to or consistent with these. In fact, property rights economics and other organizational economics ideas may at least to some extent constitute a much needed micro-foundation for the knowledge-based perspective. The purpose of this exercise is 1. to facilitate dialogue, 2. to dispel false claims of insurmountable differences between the two approaches, and 3. to establish what is genuinely different in the knowledge-based approach, what is different here is access.
      Fortunately, we are living in an Information Technology ICT era, where the dissemination of information from one place to another has virtually become real time. The IT tools can be sufficiently exploited for any challenging task such as planning and coordination of information, these technologies can be effectively achieved through knowledge experts. Knowledge of experts is a key input for any system of development. Knowledge Based approach systems are being developed for development planning that can be evaluated and use the knowledge gained to aid the decision making process, thereby allowing the information flow. Knowledge based approach will enhance leaders to have better development plans for their organizations.

      Eh!!!! “How can I change our people's mind set to knowledge based approach?”
      Sam.

      Samwel Okech kongere
      Nyamuga primary school
      P.O BOX 191,
      MBITA  040305-KENYA.
      Cell: +254 725 600 439

      Building a website is a piece of cake.
    • asif.daya@trainerspod.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1 8:02 AM
        Sam:

        In the general world here in the USA - we try to focus on Problem-based-approaches (PBL)-  So the problem is the focus and we look for a solution.
        In the medical world - it is considered as Evidence Based Medicine (EBM) - you focus on the evidence and it will lead you to the answer. Good Medical Schools that have the time are starting to focus on EBM. There are sites growing up to help teach students in EBM or even PBL at different levels. I hope this helps your concern and discussion.

        Asif

        "In times of change, learners inherit the earth while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists." - Eric Hoffer

[...]

        UDOGO youth development/ Miniciu-Sodas Laboratories

        Building a website is a piece of cake.

      • Maria Agnese Giraudo
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1 9:58 AM
          Dear Samwel,
          thanks for your contribution at the forum. I would like to understand better your porposal. The production of Knowledge, more than information has now a relevant economic value and we noticed it at the Conference of E-learnig in Nairobi. Nevertheless i would like to understad what you mean  and what kind of project you and Andrius have in mind.
          Best wihes for your activites!
          Maria Agnese