Re: [learningfromeachother] Re: Let's e-meet again.

  • samuel kongere
    Message 1 of 50 , Aug 1, 2007
      Oh Pam,

      I won't access out caht for the said restriction but will be a vailabe in skype.
      Sam

      Pamela McLean <pam@...> wrote:
      To everyone - but special attention please Samwel, Maria, David, Asif, Sasha, Chris and Andrius (as you have all been involved in discussions ref Samwel's photos).

      Ref photos and Thursday e-meeting

      Our e-meeting for the first Thursday in August has the title;
       "Evidence, evidence, evidence"- How we use photos and video to share our stories.

      It will be at  the chat room  on Thursday August 2nd at the usual time. Full details at http://learnbydoing uk.blogspot. com/  You can also read a description there of the e-meeting we had last week.

      If you want to submit items for the agenda beforehand please send them here - to LFEO yahoo group.

      If you think you will want to refer to a discussion thread please be ready with the reference. Remember that even if you can click a link to see a thread in a yahoo group it does not mean other people can do the same. Only people who are registered with the group will be able to click the link successfully. You may need to cut and paste the text into the chat.

      As we do more of these LearnByDoing e-meetings we will developed better strategies. Regarding references that we may want to use during a session,  perhaps we can arrange to collect them up beforehand on the wiki. Your ideas are most welcome on how we develop effective e-meetings. In fact, how to improving our e-meetings is an item that  we need to include on our agenda on a regular basis.

      I look forward to e-meeting you on Thursday if you are able to attend.

      Pam

      Samwel Okech kongere
      Nyamuga primary school
      P.O BOX 191,
      MBITA  040305-KENYA.
      Cell: +254 725 600 439

    • asif.daya@trainerspod.com
      Message 50 of 50 , Aug 15, 2007

        Asif

        "In times of change, learners inherit the earth while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists." - Eric Hoffer

        Date: Thursday, August 16, 2007

        Time: 11:00 am EDT - 1:00 pm EDT (Arrive at 10:30 for tutorial on Elluminate)
        (Please go to http://www.timeandd ate.com/worldclo ck/meeting. html to confirm your time zone.)

        Cost: FREE - But 1st come first seated - limited seating.

        More Information: http://www.trainers pod.com/info/

        Register: http://www.trainers pod.com/register

        Event Background

        ICT is changing our opportunities to learn.  The LearnByDoing series explores some of the realities, and how they relate to education and development.

        One image of education is that it has three inter-related parts: teacher(s), learner(s), and a knowledge base of some kind.  In many rural African schools rote learning is still the order of the day, because the only knowledge base is the knowledge of the teacher, supplemented by a few books. By contrast, where learners have access to the Internet, a huge knowledge base is available for the learners to interrogate. The Internet also offers the opportunity for peer-to-peer learning, collaboration on practical projects, and distance learning of various kinds.

        This session (the first in a series) builds on the knowledge base of a network of activists – all involved  in various aspects of ICT, education, and development. It focuses on their practical projects and issues surrounding them.

        This  session sets the scene and provides a model for subsequent sessions. Each session is complete in itself. A typical session will focus on a given topic, and include people with different kinds of expertise relating to the topic - more in the style of a structured illustrated meeting than an individual presentation.

        About the Presenter

        Pamela McLean is an ICT for Education (and Development) activist, working on the Internet and in rural Africa.

        Her work explores the relationship between teaching, learning, and ICT, and the implications for education, training and development.

        She is involved in ICT training for teachers in rural Kenya and Nigeria (where, it is said, if you train a teacher you train the community); leads the group LearningFromEachOth er in Mincui Sodas; is a CAWD volunteer: and is co-director, with John Dada, of DadaMcLean Ltd - Knowledge Brokers.

        We have limited "seats" for this event. The webinar is entirely free of charge. Seats will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Register for the event by visiting: http://www.trainers pod.com/register.

        The minimum PC requirements are a Pentium III 500 Mhz CPU running Windows 98/ME/2000/XP with 128MB of memory and a sound card.  The minimum Mac requirements are Mac OS 9.1/9.2, Mac OS X 10.1.5/10.2/ 10.3/10.4, running on a G3 233 Mhz CPU with either 64 MB (OS 9), 128 MB (OS X 10.1.5/10.2/ 10.3) or 256 MB (OS X 10.4).

        To get maximum benefit from Elluminate Live!, all users should have a microphone and speakers.

        Trainerspod. com seeks to provide free access to these events to raise knowledge and awareness of the issues, practices and needs of e-Learning practitioners and researchers around the world.

        Elluminate

        To learn more about Elluminate visit: http://www.ellumina te.com

        Elluminate also has a vRoom where 2 people can be invited by the moderator. It is FREE and has all the tools of the full version except for recording. To use the vRoom visit: http://www.ellumina te.com/vRoom

        We are indebted to Elluminate (www.elluminate. com) in sponsoring us and providing a platform for the exchange of knowledge.

        Visit http://www.ellumina te.com/support- portal/ to search for a solution or contact a support representative.

        Also visit www.elluminate. com/support

        TRAINERSPOD© - 2007 - All rights reserved
        1273 Neapolitan Rd., Punta Gorda, FL USA 33983
        Asif Daya
        USF
        info@trainerspod. com