Re: [learningfromeachother] Re: EuroAfrica ICT Workshop: Deadline JULY 12th for Application

  • David mutua
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 13, 2007
      Hi Tom,
      Just saw your mail about the workshop, i applied yesterday on a word doc to meet the deadline and have got a reply advising to submit a ppt, will soon do one and submit..i am selling Teachers Talking that Pam has developed and will be presenting in August for selected secondary school teachers in Kangundo District, I hope to attract more collaborators.

      I am willing to attend and present but waiting confirmation.

      Warm regards,

      David

      minciusodas <ms@...> wrote:
      Tom,

      I won't send you any money.

      I have very little cash for myself right now. I don't have any
      income right now.

      I hope that perhaps another person might sponsor your travel. I
      appreciate your work that you do and that you share with us. I
      think this is an excellent opportunity for you to meet more people
      from around the world and also strengthen your ties in our networks.

      I also have work that you might do for our lab if somebody would
      like to sponsor. For example, we need help:
      * Signing up new members for our groups that you might meet.
      * Learning about video bridge facilities in Nairobi.
      * Getting photos and video from you and your work with the deaf.
      * Starting a wiki in Kiswahili.
      There are many other projects that you might do for us. Perhaps
      people will suggest more. However, I don't have the funding myself.

      I am looking for clients and so I hope that the situation will
      change in the fall. Also, I do have money that our Atzalynas club
      needs to spend for our video bridge work in Lithuania. I think that
      the individuals who earn this money have to be European Union
      citizens. We may be able to use some of this money "creatively" but
      then it would be better to wait, develop that with regard to our
      needs in Lithuania (perhaps video bridges with the deaf here) and to
      send it to you directly for work rather than on this travel now.

      Yet perhaps somebody might like to provide this money for Tom Ochuka
      in exchange for his work on a small project of interest to the
      sponsor and/or our lab?

      http://www.ms. lt
      ms@...

      --- In learningfromeachoth er@yahoogroups. com, tom ochuka

      ____________ ___
      > > > Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel
      > > answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers -
      > > Check it out.
      > > >

      > http://answers. yahoo.com/ dir/?link= list&sid= 396545469
      > > >

      > > > Each letter sent to Learning From Each Other
      > > enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN unless it explicitly states
      > > otherwise http://www.ethicalp ublicdomain. org Please
      > > be kind to our authors!
      > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      today! http://surveylink. yahoo.com/ gmrs/yahoo_ panel_invite. asp?a=7