Re: [learningfromeachother] Re: Kibera on youtube and ICT applications techinal support

  • samuel kongere
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 8, 2007
      Sasha,
       It is not uploading the video to Youtibe? the problem is unaccessability of Youtube during the week and even over the weekend the internet is slow to allow upload. We have restrictions to access some sites especially in regard to uploading videos.

      Another problem is the file format from my Dgital video camera. It cannot convert the files to MPEG from it's original DWZ a file format which Youtube doesn't accept. So anybody can use the same format to open or confgure the file format.
      Sam

      frogkailo <frogkailo@...> wrote:
      Hi Samwel
      can you tell me what is the problem , can you upload the video to youtube?

      Sasha

      <mariaagnesegiraudo @...> wrote:

      Samwel needs perhaps a support with Youtube (I don't know how to
      upload/dowload films there!).

      Samwel Okech kongere
      Nyamuga primary school
      P.O BOX 191,
      MBITA  040305-KENYA.
      Cell: +254 725 600 439

      Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
      in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

    • frogkailo
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 8, 2007
        Hi Sam

        Here is a good site with some explanations regarding youtube:
        http://www.webvideozone.com/public/308.cfm
        You have to convert your files to MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid) format and that
        should be done with some dvd ripping software which can be downloaded
        from internet. If you are not sure how to do that maybe you can upload
        it to the internet and then I can try to do this or you can send it to
        me by post.
        Sasha

        --- In learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com, samuel kongere

      • ms@auste.elnet.lt
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 8, 2007
          Hi Samwel,

          When you have some time, I suggest that you do the following test. The
          question is, what is the largest file that you can upload? Is it possible at
          all for you to upload video?

          I propose that you create the smallest video file that you can - say 10
          seconds at the lowest quality that you have - and mail it to Sasha Mrkailo
          (frogkailo@...). Then he can worry about converting the files and
          uploading them to YouTube (Sasha, please set up an account under Samwel
          Kongere's name and you can both know the password).

          Samwel, please let us know if you succeed in uploading such a file and also
          how many minutes it takes from your Internet Access center. Then we will
          know what is physically possible.

          Also, it would be good if somebody in Nairobi could do the same experiment.
          (Kennedy Owino will be traveling, so is there anybody else who could help?)
          Is there a fast Internet access site in Nairobi? And what can we upload
          there? Then Samwel could perhaps send CD-ROMS or DVDS to Nairobi using a bus
          courier system (if you have one in Kenya like we do in Lithuania, where you
          can drop a package off at one bus station and they will deliver it to
          another). Otherwise we will have to use the mails.

          Samwel, please also let us know what is the cost of the DVDs that you need
          for the video camera? Are you able to buy them? And how much do they cost?
          And if they are expensive, how do you think we might be able to deliver
          them?

          Data , "frogkailo" <frogkailo@...> Rašyta:

          >Hi Sam
          >
          >Here is a good site with some explanations regarding youtube:
          >http://www.webvideozone.com/public/308.cfm
          >You have to convert your files to MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid) format and that
          >should be done with some dvd ripping software which can be downloaded
          >from internet. If you are not sure how to do that maybe you can upload
          >it to the internet and then I can try to do this or you can send it to
          >me by post.
          >Sasha
          >
          >--- In learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com, samuel kongere
          ><samkongere2004@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Sasha,
          >> It is not uploading the video to Youtibe? the problem is
          >unaccessability of Youtube during the week and even over the weekend
          >the internet is slow to allow upload. We have restrictions to access
          >some sites especially in regard to uploading videos.
          >>
          >> Another problem is the file format from my Dgital video camera. It
          >cannot convert the files to MPEG from it's original DWZ a file format
          >which Youtube doesn't accept. So anybody can use the same format to
          >open or confgure the file format.
          >> Sam
          >>
          >> frogkailo <frogkailo@...> wrote:
          >> Hi Samwel
          >> can you tell me what is the problem , can you upload the video to
          >youtube?
          >>
          >> Sasha
          >>
          >> <mariaagnesegiraudo@> wrote:
          >> >
          >> Samwel needs perhaps a support with Youtube (I don't know how to
          >> upload/dowload films there!).
          >>

          >> Samwel Okech kongere
          >> Nyamuga primary school
          >> P.O BOX 191,
          >> MBITA 040305-KENYA.
          >> Cell: +254 725 600 439
          >> Information Networking and E-learning Trainings
          >> UDOGO youth development/Miniciu-Sodas Laboratories

          >> Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
          >> in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.
          >>

          >Each letter sent to Learning From Each Other enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN unless
          it explicitly states otherwise http://www.ethicalpublicdomain.org Please be
          kind to our authors!