Kibera on youtube and ICT applications techinal support

  • Maria Agnese Giraudo
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6, 2007
      Dear Samwel, Chris, Andrius, Sasha, Pam and all,
      after the great experience of yesterday of chatting together, still in progress, I would like to ask you if  could be possible to support MS members in ICT activities, as Sashaa is doing for wiki and chatting room. Samwel needs perhaps a support  with Youtube (I don't know how to upload/dowload films there!). I need  support  and I would like to share with Pam and  others about e-learning applications. Next week I'll start to work  on Moodle, and CM softwares. I got also information on OS products of CM and work/time organizers. I would like to share with you these information, although many of you  yet know and use these products. I have 2 exams  on the 12th of July then I'll be available to collaborate with you.....
      All the best!
      Maria Agnese

      christopher macrae <chris.macrae@...> ha scritto:
      thanks everyone
       that's an amazing picture -actually roofs are doubly good because maybe someone with branson-like power and empowerment will get annes/ricks/mitchell's green city gifts to the world if we can show how soolaroofable te space is; perhaps when the green in the city theatre opens we can have a whole 100 person meeting on exchanging views of kibera (its structural and its peer to peer curricula vitae needs)

      just like we have a 1-2-3 solaroof moves europe video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CToYjQFRxXE
      we need a 2 minute 1 (we're ecotourism gambia) 2 (we can help permeacuture and solararchitect peer to peer courses of cida), we can transform kibera into a community evryione wants to microcredit because its the most livable (vocation connecting) slum on earth -perhaps anne and samuel can frind co-link ecah others youtube spaces

       just look foward to the moving pictures of kids

      chris

      Guilhem Buzenet <ghbuzt@...> wrote:
      Hi again Sam, Chris,

      Samwel is now on youtube! http://www.youtube.com/Nyamuga

      I'm waiting for Sam to send me again the file as we could not open the
      one he sent this morning with Mamading. Sam, I send you another mail
      right now with all the necessary informations to login on your brand new
      youtube page. Please check all the pages of the youtube account to
      change details, I added a few (e.g. I called the channel "Kibera
      Online") but the details you'll enter will be more accurate :-) If you
      want to change the background picture, I'll be happy to do it for you,
      the procedure isn't hard but a bit technical.

      Cheers,

      Guilhem

      For email that puts you in control, choose Yahoo! Mail.

    • frogkailo
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 6, 2007
        Hi Samwel
        can you tell me what is the problem , can you upload the video to youtube?

        Sasha

        <mariaagnesegiraudo@...> wrote:

        Samwel needs perhaps a support with Youtube (I don't know how to
        upload/dowload films there!).
      • samuel kongere
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 8, 2007
          Sasha,
           It is not uploading the video to Youtibe? the problem is unaccessability of Youtube during the week and even over the weekend the internet is slow to allow upload. We have restrictions to access some sites especially in regard to uploading videos.

          Another problem is the file format from my Dgital video camera. It cannot convert the files to MPEG from it's original DWZ a file format which Youtube doesn't accept. So anybody can use the same format to open or confgure the file format.
          Sam

          <mariaagnesegiraudo @...> wrote:

          Samwel needs perhaps a support with Youtube (I don't know how to
          upload/dowload films there!).

          Samwel Okech kongere
          Nyamuga primary school
          P.O BOX 191,
          MBITA  040305-KENYA.
          Cell: +254 725 600 439

          Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
          in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

        • frogkailo
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 8, 2007
            Hi Sam

            Here is a good site with some explanations regarding youtube:
            http://www.webvideozone.com/public/308.cfm
            You have to convert your files to MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid) format and that
            should be done with some dvd ripping software which can be downloaded
            from internet. If you are not sure how to do that maybe you can upload
            it to the internet and then I can try to do this or you can send it to
            me by post.
            Sasha

            --- In learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com, samuel kongere

          • ms@auste.elnet.lt
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 8, 2007
              Hi Samwel,

              When you have some time, I suggest that you do the following test. The
              question is, what is the largest file that you can upload? Is it possible at
              all for you to upload video?

              I propose that you create the smallest video file that you can - say 10
              seconds at the lowest quality that you have - and mail it to Sasha Mrkailo
              (frogkailo@...). Then he can worry about converting the files and
              uploading them to YouTube (Sasha, please set up an account under Samwel
              Kongere's name and you can both know the password).

              Samwel, please let us know if you succeed in uploading such a file and also
              how many minutes it takes from your Internet Access center. Then we will
              know what is physically possible.

              Also, it would be good if somebody in Nairobi could do the same experiment.
              (Kennedy Owino will be traveling, so is there anybody else who could help?)
              Is there a fast Internet access site in Nairobi? And what can we upload
              there? Then Samwel could perhaps send CD-ROMS or DVDS to Nairobi using a bus
              courier system (if you have one in Kenya like we do in Lithuania, where you
              can drop a package off at one bus station and they will deliver it to
              another). Otherwise we will have to use the mails.

              Samwel, please also let us know what is the cost of the DVDs that you need
              for the video camera? Are you able to buy them? And how much do they cost?
              And if they are expensive, how do you think we might be able to deliver
              them?

              Data , "frogkailo" <frogkailo@...> Rašyta:

              >Hi Sam
              >
              >Here is a good site with some explanations regarding youtube:
              >http://www.webvideozone.com/public/308.cfm
              >You have to convert your files to MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid) format and that
              >should be done with some dvd ripping software which can be downloaded
              >from internet. If you are not sure how to do that maybe you can upload
              >it to the internet and then I can try to do this or you can send it to
              >me by post.
              >Sasha
              >
              >--- In learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com, samuel kongere
              ><samkongere2004@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> Sasha,
              >> It is not uploading the video to Youtibe? the problem is
              >unaccessability of Youtube during the week and even over the weekend
              >the internet is slow to allow upload. We have restrictions to access
              >some sites especially in regard to uploading videos.
              >>
              >> Another problem is the file format from my Dgital video camera. It
              >cannot convert the files to MPEG from it's original DWZ a file format
              >which Youtube doesn't accept. So anybody can use the same format to
              >open or confgure the file format.
              >> Sam
              >>
              >> frogkailo <frogkailo@...> wrote:
              >> Hi Samwel
              >> can you tell me what is the problem , can you upload the video to
              >youtube?
              >>
              >> Sasha
              >>
              >> <mariaagnesegiraudo@> wrote:
              >> >
              >> Samwel needs perhaps a support with Youtube (I don't know how to
              >> upload/dowload films there!).
              >>

              >> Samwel Okech kongere
              >> Nyamuga primary school
              >> P.O BOX 191,
              >> MBITA 040305-KENYA.
              >> Cell: +254 725 600 439
              >> Information Networking and E-learning Trainings
              >> UDOGO youth development/Miniciu-Sodas Laboratories

              >> Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
              >> in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.
              >>

              >Each letter sent to Learning From Each Other enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN unless
              it explicitly states otherwise http://www.ethicalpublicdomain.org Please be
              kind to our authors!