Re: [learningfromeachother] Re: Contacts, 400 photos and news from the acrobats

  • Maria Agnese Giraudo
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3 11:40 AM
      Dear Sasha, Samwel and all,
      I would like to send you  Sasha:
        1 CD-rom of Nairobi conference on E-learning presentations and abstracts + 1 Cd-rom of Nairobi Conference.
       Please Sasha, send  me your physical  address. Samwel, I think that the more easy way to send us the photos is that you copy them in a cd-rom or dvd and you give it  to Ken. Then I provide to send a copy to Sasha and to somebody else. What do you think?
      Bye!
      Maria Agnese

      frogkailo <frogkailo@...> ha scritto:
      Hi,

      I am not sure what you mean but if you need to upload and share some
      pictures, Sam or others which have the photos can burn them on DVD or
      CD and send them to me by post. Then I can easily upload them on
      Internet so everyone can use of them.

      Regards,
      Sasha

      --- In learningfromeachoth er@yahoogroups. com, Maria Agnese Giraudo
      <mariaagnesegiraudo @...> wrote:

      > Dear Samwel, Andrius and all,
      > thanks Samwel for your report, Isaa has joined the group and has
      gived a great contribution in term of contacts! I sent to Samwel the
      contact with Kenya Development Learning Centre. I would like to know
      how to get all that photos (more than 400! what do you suggest
      Andrius? Some are private but many should interest somebody of the forum).
      > I spent last days with Ken, James and other Acrobats in Kibera
      visiting some projects there in Korokocho for an event in a school
      (organized by Anelica, our friend of the NGO World Friends). I had a
      talk with Ken and I would like that Ken write something about the
      slums and Kibera in particular. I don't want be a tourist of the
      slums. It's very difficult to understand what really happens there!
      Ken and his fellow acrobats can help us to understand something...
      > greetings
      > Maria Agnese
      >
      > samuel kongere <samkongere2004@ ...> ha scritto:
      > DeraAll,
      > I am back home and at my desk, I would first of all thank all
      members of the lab for the support and elaborative links during the
      E-learning conference In Nairobi and our trip together with Maria
      Agnese to Tanzania. I know Maria is leaving Nairobi early morning
      tomorrow for Rome. I would say, we had the best prosperous trip, so
      far. Meeting people and different communities along our journey.
      There is a lot to be done on down to up strategy; we are trying to
      make development reach the grassroot communities through this goal.

      > At the E-learning, many were of the opinion to reach the grassroot
      communities with information and the plans were concentrated on higher
      intellectual levels. The Universities took the centre stage, with many
      learning institutions doing the biggest role to promote the
      information and education trend from down to up but the result is
      going to be the same. With a focus on the use and potential of ICT in
      education and training, the second E-Learning conference, highlighted
      various ICT and education initiatives across Africa and the rest of
      the world. In order to create the best possible mix on down to up in
      ICT4D trend among Africa communities, we must have community learning
      centers. The conference program was created through a selection of
      sessions involving both colleges and active actors for active
      involvement in ICT4D. My sessions were based on Community sustainable
      ICT projects, maintenance and grassroot focus.

      > We met Nicholas Kimolo of futuristic www.futuristic. co.ke on
      e-learning trainings in Kenya in Open Source and corporate IT
      training, Brown Onguko Institute for Development, Eastern Africa- Aga
      Khan University in Tanzania, Chiara Pozzi who has started a community
      ICT project at the lake Victoria shore, she comes from Italy
      chiara@... . I came across more ICT4d lovers from Germany and Sweden,
      one Dr. Konrad De Bortoli a consultant in Sustainable Economic
      Development from Germany kdebortoli@. .. and Charles Y. Senkondo
      director of Tanzania Global Development Learning Centre
      www.tgdlc.go. tz who we are going to enhance further communication and
      collaboration with Uyoga.

      > Our first task in Dar es Salaam was to see how women can support
      themselves by doing a more simpler and easy sustained project on
      poultry keeping. We visited a local area where the most life
      sustaining activity is poultry keeping. As a private supporter Maria
      is starting a poultry rearing project at Kitunda at the superb of Dar
      es Salaam. We looked on many issues, the mother was to produce budget
      for feeding, identify a partner and technical assistance. Josephat is
      going to do the project monitoring and evaluation, which will empower
      Uyoga members with responsibility. This area, Kitunda can be connected
      by Lucas Gonzalez endeavor
      http://www.worknets .org/wiki. cgi?FluPandemic and easy assessment of
      chicken can be done here. We had a nice walk in this area. There is
      ready Market for eggs and chicken meat as buyers come directly to the
      producers. It is a project which you can invest much interest and I
      believe Lucas and Pamela can be of interest.

      > We went outside the city to Ifakara. Our Visit to Ifakara was to
      meet Elizabeth Maria's friend working with YOSEFO (Youth Self
      Employment Foundation a micro-credit non-governmental org. which is
      having over 1000 members around Ifakara. This is a great stride to
      help the community to protect their needs.

      > We again met Said, a young man using arts to train the children on
      the importance of culture, we had a great day dancing and singing with
      children at the art gallery in Ifakara. This showed us all means of
      connecting youth, children with arts to understand their culture. The
      children learnt how to play drums and "Kayamba" a traditional instrument.

      > I had a wonderful meeting with researchers at Tanzania training
      Centre for international health in Ifakara, and improved very much on
      their model of demographics tool to monitor deaths, pregnancies,
      births and under five mortality rates. This Tool is called DSS
      (Demographic Surveillance System), we also use the same format for
      primary health care and our tool is called SITE (Standard Indicator
      Tool for Evaluation). I was able to compare the mortality rates.

      > I realized that Kilombero Valley is infested by many mosquitoes
      and you can collide with mosquitoes. The area is Swampy and the
      researchers use community interviewers to connect with the community.
      The community is very much receptive and thanks the institution and
      the government for the initiative.

      > In Dar also we had fruitful meetings with Uyoga members. It is
      impressing to see the adversity the members have after my first visit
      in November 2006. Our option was to mobilize more youths to join the
      network and Uyoga. Surely this is the progress we needed when we
      underlined our plans. Instead of fewer members of four, we are having
      a strong team of students and out of school youths who are happy to
      join Uyoga. Already there are 18 members; two new members joined our
      network MS Lab.

      > Uyoga is already collaborating with the following organizations;
      Youth Collision based on building capacity among the youths in
      education, and empowerment www.youthcollision. com, Save Life club
      which promote youth behaviors and activities, Yosefo-helping
      vulnerable communities to build self confidence by acquiring economic
      power through self employment in profitable enterprise youth@...

      > We realized the youths are very passive in regard to information
      due to accessibility and knowledge in ICT! At school they don't have
      ICT programmes but they are interested in communication. We decided to
      counter this challenge by offering a connection through internet at a
      nearby internet Café, Where all the members can go in turns to access
      internet. There is going to be a timetable for this and we are going
      to monitor their participation in the Lab. Maria Agnese is going to
      support in paying the internet café. We thank Maria for this
      substantial support and human kindness.

      > Uyoga is going to have a formidable network here in the region.
      The organization cannot go on properly due to requirements at hand;
      they need an office to help them register. It is a requirement in
      Tanzania; they are going to be a community based organization. The
      members will contribute USD $300 request support of USD $ 500 this
      will enable them meet the legal requirements.

      > As we go down to serious collaboration and connections. I, Fred,
      Tom, Ken Owino and Maria observing our deliberations at a meeting in
      Nairobi agreed to focus on a regional centre in Nairobi. Ken Owino
      will help in taking pictures and videos in Nairobi slums where they
      (NAFSI AFRIKA ACROBATS) work in training children.

      > In Dar we also had had an online session with our chat. We could
      not access skype in the whole of Dar city. Most of the Cyber cafés
      doesn't offer Skype with sound. We shared the computers and I took the
      sessions by giving the way of becoming good leaders in well innovated
      initiatives by being accountable and informative in our lab chat. I
      missed more contributors from our Lab but hope next time we organize a
      more focused topic.

      > We are partnering with Maria Agnese in these activities in
      Tanzania. I play the role of coordinator and we need your support.
      > Thanks to all! Sam!
      >

      > Samwel Okech kongere
      > Nyamuga primary school
      > P.O BOX 191,
      > MBITA 040305-KENYA.
      > Cell: +254 725 600 439
      > Information Networking and E-learning Trainings
      > UDOGO youth development/ Miniciu-Sodas Laboratories
      >

      > ------------ --------- --------- ---
      > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
      Yahoo! Games.

      > ------------ --------- --------- ---
      > L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la nuova
      Yahoo! Mail

    • samuel kongere
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 4 3:08 AM
        Ok David
        You can arrange to meet me with Pam on the 3 or 4th of Septemmber. I am busy now at the grassroot activities and will relieve myself in the last week of August or somewhere between the third week of August can be possible. Great people in the greatest network.
        Sam.

        David mutua <davenzainga@...> wrote:
        Hi Sam,
        I trust this finds you well and have settled, I am
        working on Pam's visit Itinerary and we had suggested
        that we meet with you when she is around possibly
        after the TT workshop, already we have agreed that she
        arrives on the 23rd thusday, August, 2007 and possibly
        leaves on the 6th September 2007, training will
        commence on the 27th - 31st and have a day for
        evaluation that means we will have 2nd - 5th for
        meetings and future planning.
        I would like to know what fits in well with your
        schedule...lets explore all alternatives, may be a
        meeting (online) will help us plan better.

        Thanks,

        David

        Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
        http://search. yahoo.com/ search?fr= oni_on_mail& p=graduation+ gifts&cs= bz

        Samwel Okech kongere
        Nyamuga primary school
        P.O BOX 191,
        MBITA  040305-KENYA.
        Cell: +254 725 600 439

      • David mutua
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 6 5:42 AM
          Hi Sam,
          Thanks for the mail and Pole (sorry) for the delay in
          replying, i have been sucked in to planning for the TT
          you understand the logisstics issues involving around
          23 secondary schools in the whole of Kangundo Distict
          (New) that is now a compination of Kangundo and
          Matungulu Division.
          I will get back to you with the final word and plans
          after Pam and I agreeon the final plans.

          Warm regards,

          David
          --- samuel kongere <samkongere2004@...> wrote:

          > Ok David
          > You can arrange to meet me with Pam on the 3 or
          > 4th of Septemmber. I am busy now at the grassroot
          > activities and will relieve myself in the last week
          > of August or somewhere between the third week of
          > August can be possible. Great people in the greatest
          > network.
          > Sam.
          >
          > David mutua <davenzainga@...> wrote:
          > Hi Sam,
          > I trust this finds you well and have settled, I am
          > working on Pam's visit Itinerary and we had
          > suggested
          > that we meet with you when she is around possibly
          > after the TT workshop, already we have agreed that
          > she
          > arrives on the 23rd thusday, August, 2007 and
          > possibly
          > leaves on the 6th September 2007, training will
          > commence on the 27th - 31st and have a day for
          > evaluation that means we will have 2nd - 5th for
          > meetings and future planning.
          > I would like to know what fits in well with your
          > schedule...lets explore all alternatives, may be a
          > meeting (online) will help us plan better.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > David

          > Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

          > Samwel Okech kongere
          > Nyamuga primary school
          > P.O BOX 191,
          > MBITA 040305-KENYA.
          > Cell: +254 725 600 439
          > Information Networking and E-learning Trainings
          > UDOGO youth development/Miniciu-Sodas Laboratories

          > Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you
          > sell.

          Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.