Funds for telecentre implementation/Sam-Tom-Pam-David-others?

  • Janet Feldman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2007
      Dear Pam and All,

      Thanks for this posting! Coincidentally I received the same from Cameron Sinclair of AFH yesterday, and was thinking last night abt Sam, Tom, David, yourself, and others who might be interested. Am also sending to GRASSUP partners too:  I think in Kenya and Tanzania we could develop a "critical" mass whereby so many of our friends here could benefit.

      Ditto Nigeria, of course, though I'm thinking now abt MS-linked folks, and more so far seem to be from Kenya and EA.

      Will be hoping to work on this, and bring in Jeff/Joy/OVF and others too!  Janet

      From: Esther Nasikye <nasikye@...>
      Date: 27-Jun-2007 12:59
      To: tc-mena@..., ugabytes@...

      Hi all,
      Here is an opportunity for a community or organisation to win $250,000 for
      the implemention of an innovative and sustainable telecentre solution.

      The Open Architecture Challenge is an open international design
      competition that reaches beyond the traditional bounds of architecture by
      challenging industry professionals and others to develop innovative and
      sustainable solutions to improve living conditions around the world.
      Every two years this initiative will tackle a different systemic issue
      faced by half the world's population that is living on less than $2 a day.

      Open Architecture Challenge is currently in the process of inviting local
      organizations in communities that lack connectivity and would benefit from
      a technology center or telecentre. This initiative will provide up to
      $250,000 for the implementation of the selected winning design.
      If you are an organization that is interested in becoming the recipient of
      such a facility and would like to partner on this initiative please find
      details in the link below.

      Deadline: July 20 2007

      The challenge is organized by Architecture for Humanity and Advanced Micro
      Devices (AMD)

      Details are available here
      http://community.telecentre.org/en-tc/node/36142

      Cheers