Re: [learningfromeachother] Let's e-meet again.

  • Maria Agnese Giraudo
    Message 1 of 50 , Jun 21, 2007
      Dear Pam and all,
       personally I would like to arrange an appointment  in advance  with few people regarding a specific topic. Many people talking together is very difficult to manage and  answers came when we are talking of other issues. The opportunity of chatting  set up by Saha and Andrius is very useful to be in touch  and to inform quickly.
      If people want to share in deep it should be better to call with skype and definitively  to  meet face to face. I'm for integrated communication, as happened in Tanzania and in Kenya between us. It's a blessing of God!
       I hope  we'll meet together one day...
      I think that Uyoga will develop opportunities of communication. We are waiting for reports from Samwel and Helen.
      I appreaciate the work of Andrius is doing and his concern of youth in Europe as well. I would like to  to talk about the initiatives to take to work for youth and how youth  from different environment can help each other. I would like, for example that   NAFSI  acrobats  plan courses in Europe of acrobatics but also regarding Africa, Youth efforts to cope with difficult life, values and vision. Which vision have  youth in Europe!  I have problem of communication with them and I would like to breack some  barriers of ages, culture ect...
      I read wiki page of  Emmanuel Abinel and I really appreciate his freedom! I couldn't read William page...
      Thanks Pam for what you are doing and anyway I'm available to participate if I can ( I have to go back to my work).
      All the best!
      Maria Agnese

      Pamela McLean <pam@...> ha scritto:
      Hi everyone who is interested in e-meeting.

      I am glad you are better Fred.

      Ref e-meetign you wrote "
      the idear of meeting again on monthly basis
      .. good ...costly in time for some people... guess we should try it. Am sure we shall have to talk and manage our endevors
      too when we have this webinars every month.

      Maria wrote ".....I'm very interested at Pam proposal to meet each others monthly and check about our connection resources. I would like perhaps that we arrange that  we are no too many people  in a session. We noticed that  from here chat is slower.. so perhaps should we arrange for appointments?"

      So, it seems worth continuing. Thank you Sam and Andrius for getting this started. Let us agreed to try again in July. I suggest we choose a similar date -  first Thursday in the month.

      Maria and Fred (and anyone else with thoughts about this) - perhaps you can explain a little more about what you are thinking regarding the difficulties and the benefits. If we all understand the problems then maybe we can find ways to work around them. If we know what you see as benefits then we can make sure we keep those benefits in mind. By learning from each other we can make our use of e-meetings get better and better.

    • asif.daya@trainerspod.com
      Message 50 of 50 , Aug 15, 2007

        Asif

        "In times of change, learners inherit the earth while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists." - Eric Hoffer

        Date: Thursday, August 16, 2007

        Time: 11:00 am EDT - 1:00 pm EDT (Arrive at 10:30 for tutorial on Elluminate)
        (Please go to http://www.timeandd ate.com/worldclo ck/meeting. html to confirm your time zone.)

        Cost: FREE - But 1st come first seated - limited seating.

        More Information: http://www.trainers pod.com/info/

        Register: http://www.trainers pod.com/register

        Event Background

        ICT is changing our opportunities to learn.  The LearnByDoing series explores some of the realities, and how they relate to education and development.

        One image of education is that it has three inter-related parts: teacher(s), learner(s), and a knowledge base of some kind.  In many rural African schools rote learning is still the order of the day, because the only knowledge base is the knowledge of the teacher, supplemented by a few books. By contrast, where learners have access to the Internet, a huge knowledge base is available for the learners to interrogate. The Internet also offers the opportunity for peer-to-peer learning, collaboration on practical projects, and distance learning of various kinds.

        This session (the first in a series) builds on the knowledge base of a network of activists – all involved  in various aspects of ICT, education, and development. It focuses on their practical projects and issues surrounding them.

        This  session sets the scene and provides a model for subsequent sessions. Each session is complete in itself. A typical session will focus on a given topic, and include people with different kinds of expertise relating to the topic - more in the style of a structured illustrated meeting than an individual presentation.

        About the Presenter

        Pamela McLean is an ICT for Education (and Development) activist, working on the Internet and in rural Africa.

        Her work explores the relationship between teaching, learning, and ICT, and the implications for education, training and development.

        She is involved in ICT training for teachers in rural Kenya and Nigeria (where, it is said, if you train a teacher you train the community); leads the group LearningFromEachOth er in Mincui Sodas; is a CAWD volunteer: and is co-director, with John Dada, of DadaMcLean Ltd - Knowledge Brokers.

        We have limited "seats" for this event. The webinar is entirely free of charge. Seats will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Register for the event by visiting: http://www.trainers pod.com/register.

        The minimum PC requirements are a Pentium III 500 Mhz CPU running Windows 98/ME/2000/XP with 128MB of memory and a sound card.  The minimum Mac requirements are Mac OS 9.1/9.2, Mac OS X 10.1.5/10.2/ 10.3/10.4, running on a G3 233 Mhz CPU with either 64 MB (OS 9), 128 MB (OS X 10.1.5/10.2/ 10.3) or 256 MB (OS X 10.4).

        To get maximum benefit from Elluminate Live!, all users should have a microphone and speakers.

        Trainerspod. com seeks to provide free access to these events to raise knowledge and awareness of the issues, practices and needs of e-Learning practitioners and researchers around the world.

        Elluminate

        To learn more about Elluminate visit: http://www.ellumina te.com

        Elluminate also has a vRoom where 2 people can be invited by the moderator. It is FREE and has all the tools of the full version except for recording. To use the vRoom visit: http://www.ellumina te.com/vRoom

        We are indebted to Elluminate (www.elluminate. com) in sponsoring us and providing a platform for the exchange of knowledge.

        Visit http://www.ellumina te.com/support- portal/ to search for a solution or contact a support representative.

        Also visit www.elluminate. com/support

        TRAINERSPOD© - 2007 - All rights reserved
        1273 Neapolitan Rd., Punta Gorda, FL USA 33983
        Asif Daya
        USF
        info@trainerspod. com