Let's e-meet again.

    Message 1 of 50 , Jun 17, 2007
      Hi Samwel, Agnese, Helen, Josephat, William, Sasha, Fred, Andrius, Markus, Maria, "Janos", and Lorraine (who all attended Samwel's webinar) also  Asif (who tried to be there) and everyone who is interested in how it went.

      Fred - I hope you are better now.

      Dear attendees - thank you for being at Samwel's session on June 7th  - our first real-time LearningFromEachOther group e-meeting. It was a very special occasion.  How do we build on it?  What would people like to do next?  How do we learn from this experience?

      Andrius suggests we should make this kind of meeting a regular event.  Would you like to do so? I would be happy if we could -  what if we repeat on a monthly basis?  Shall we try again on the first Thursday in July, at the same time?

      Andrius and Sasha.  Regarding our "ICT4D checklist" can we look at some of the "T - Technology" issues. If people want to see what was written during our e-meeting is that possible?  If so how?  (I have made a copy available to Asif via google documents.  We could use that for others too, but I imagine there is a more direct way of accessing archives).

      Asif missed our e-meeting because of the "last minute" change in the time. We chatted via skype afterwards instead and looked at the archive.

      Letting people know the details beforehand - Maybe we should collect up a (group) list of people who are interested in attending LFEO e-meetings. Then we can easily send them details, reminders, change of times etc.  Of course we could do this through this LFEO group, but some people who are interested in e-meetings might not want every LFEO posting.

      Let us discuss the best way to send out reminders and updates.  What are we already using to communicate will each other and what would best suit this purpose?

      While we are thinking of the best approach for this task, maybe it would also be useful to think exactly what ICT tools we have available for all our tasks. Perhaps we could make a list of our current "connectivity resources" and explore the features, benefits, and limitations of each one.  Maybe this list could be a topic for one of our future e-meetings, and a discussion topic here on our yahoo group as well.

      Please share your thoughts.  I am very happy we are LearningFromEachOther about how we can communicate, even through we are so far apart and in such different situations.

      Pam
    • asif.daya@trainerspod.com
      Message 50 of 50 , Aug 15, 2007

        Asif

        "In times of change, learners inherit the earth while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists." - Eric Hoffer

        Date: Thursday, August 16, 2007

        Time: 11:00 am EDT - 1:00 pm EDT (Arrive at 10:30 for tutorial on Elluminate)
        (Please go to http://www.timeandd ate.com/worldclo ck/meeting. html to confirm your time zone.)

        Cost: FREE - But 1st come first seated - limited seating.

        More Information: http://www.trainers pod.com/info/

        Register: http://www.trainers pod.com/register

        Event Background

        ICT is changing our opportunities to learn.  The LearnByDoing series explores some of the realities, and how they relate to education and development.

        One image of education is that it has three inter-related parts: teacher(s), learner(s), and a knowledge base of some kind.  In many rural African schools rote learning is still the order of the day, because the only knowledge base is the knowledge of the teacher, supplemented by a few books. By contrast, where learners have access to the Internet, a huge knowledge base is available for the learners to interrogate. The Internet also offers the opportunity for peer-to-peer learning, collaboration on practical projects, and distance learning of various kinds.

        This session (the first in a series) builds on the knowledge base of a network of activists – all involved  in various aspects of ICT, education, and development. It focuses on their practical projects and issues surrounding them.

        This  session sets the scene and provides a model for subsequent sessions. Each session is complete in itself. A typical session will focus on a given topic, and include people with different kinds of expertise relating to the topic - more in the style of a structured illustrated meeting than an individual presentation.

        About the Presenter

        Pamela McLean is an ICT for Education (and Development) activist, working on the Internet and in rural Africa.

        Her work explores the relationship between teaching, learning, and ICT, and the implications for education, training and development.

        She is involved in ICT training for teachers in rural Kenya and Nigeria (where, it is said, if you train a teacher you train the community); leads the group LearningFromEachOth er in Mincui Sodas; is a CAWD volunteer: and is co-director, with John Dada, of DadaMcLean Ltd - Knowledge Brokers.

        We have limited "seats" for this event. The webinar is entirely free of charge. Seats will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Register for the event by visiting: http://www.trainers pod.com/register.

        The minimum PC requirements are a Pentium III 500 Mhz CPU running Windows 98/ME/2000/XP with 128MB of memory and a sound card.  The minimum Mac requirements are Mac OS 9.1/9.2, Mac OS X 10.1.5/10.2/ 10.3/10.4, running on a G3 233 Mhz CPU with either 64 MB (OS 9), 128 MB (OS X 10.1.5/10.2/ 10.3) or 256 MB (OS X 10.4).

        To get maximum benefit from Elluminate Live!, all users should have a microphone and speakers.

        Trainerspod. com seeks to provide free access to these events to raise knowledge and awareness of the issues, practices and needs of e-Learning practitioners and researchers around the world.

        Elluminate

        To learn more about Elluminate visit: http://www.ellumina te.com

        Elluminate also has a vRoom where 2 people can be invited by the moderator. It is FREE and has all the tools of the full version except for recording. To use the vRoom visit: http://www.ellumina te.com/vRoom

        We are indebted to Elluminate (www.elluminate. com) in sponsoring us and providing a platform for the exchange of knowledge.

        Visit http://www.ellumina te.com/support- portal/ to search for a solution or contact a support representative.

        Also visit www.elluminate. com/support

        TRAINERSPOD© - 2007 - All rights reserved
        1273 Neapolitan Rd., Punta Gorda, FL USA 33983
        Asif Daya
        USF
        info@trainerspod. com