Good Evening from Dar

  • samuel kongere
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 14, 2007
      Dear All,

      We are right here in Dar from Ifakara and our mission is great and fantastic. We had all the best time, all together, met with different kinds of people doing several activities. Our Visit to Ifakara was to meet Elizabeth Maria's friend working with YOSEFO (Youth Self Employment Foundation a micro-credit non-governmental org. which is having over 1000 members around Ifakara. This is agreat stride to help the community to protect their needs.

      We again met Said, a young man using arts to train the chlidren on the importance of culture, we had a great day dancing and singing with children at the art gallery in Ifakara. This showed us all means of connecting youth, children with arts to understand their culture. The children learnt how to play drums and "Kayamba" atraditional instrument.

      I had  a wonderful meeting with researchers at Tanzania training Centre for international health in Ifakara,  and improved very much on their model of demographics tool to monitor deaths, pregnancies, births and underfive mortality rates. This Tool is called DSS (Demographic Surveillance System), We also use the same format for primary health care and our tool is called SITE (Standard Indicator Tool for Evaluation). I was able to compare the mortality rates.

      I realised that Kilombero Valley is infested by many mosquitoes and you can collide with mosquitoes. The area is Swampy and the researchers use community interviewers to connect with the community. The community is very much reseptive and thank the institution and the government for the initiative.

      I am doing my last meeting with Uyoga Members on Saturday and will give a comprehensive report on our next plans.
      Sam

      Samwel Okech kongere
      Nyamuga primary school
      P.O BOX 191,