Wiki BarnRaising invitation

  • frogkailo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2007
      Wiki BarnRaising invitation
      Wednesday, June 6th, starting 6:00am California, 2:00pm London

      I would like to invite everyone on the Minciu Sodas e-mail groups
      tomorrow to our wiki Barnaising.
      We will discuss Jeff Buderer's main concept " Back To The Root", its
      meaning and possible real life application.
      The channel's of communication will be : our chatroom at
      http://www.worknets.org/chat/base/home.php?arsc_language=english
      you don't need a password for this just type your name and then start
      the chat.
      Our second channel of communication will be with skype software, this
      gives us a possibility of conference call, for all who have faster
      internet.
      My goal is to involve as many people as possible. I want all
      interested to get used to work in a collaborative wiki environment.
      Also Jeff Buderer is suggesting :"So my thought was that we design the
      barn raising on Wed to support this process by organizing all the
      innovative technologies under appropriate technology as has been
      discussed previouslyÂ…actually."
      I must say that I didn't understand this last sentence but I will try
      to help whatever I can.
      I think this will be an interesting experience and I am really
      interested to see how can we wiki together.
      I think of a wiki as an incredible easy way to make a website content.
      You can easily make new web pages (wiki pages) in your browser, no
      need to know programing, html or anything else, you can just use your
      common sense. Using wiki is easy like writing an e-mail. Just hit the
      edit button that is on top of every page write what you want and then
      press the save button. Easy as that. I feel many people are just not
      self confident enough to try this out but it is amazingly simple and
      useful. You can make yourself a homepage in a few minutes if you want
      that. Or a web log AKA blog, upload pictures etc.
      Lucas Gonzales has one on our wiki
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?LucasBlog
      It would be good if everyone who will take part has a username and
      password for our wiki and I will gladly provide anyone with this. Just
      e-mail me and we will arrange this. Or we can do this tomorrow at the
      barnraising. You can also use wiki without logging in but it is more
      appropriate to have a username because when you use one everyone can
      know what was last edited and who did it and this gives more personal
      touch to this.

      Wednesday, June 6th, a "barnraising party" starting 6:00am California,
      2:00pm London
      Hope to see you tomorrow on our first wiki barnraising!