Re: webinar

  • asif.daya@trainerspod.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 5, 2007
      What is the Topic of the "webinar"?

      Asif

      From: learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com [mailto:learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Pamela McLean
      Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 8:12 PM
      To: socialagriculture@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: learningfromeachother; mendenyo@yahoogroups.com; holistichelping
      Subject: [learningfromeachother] Re: [socialagriculture] Re: webinar

      fdkayiwa wrote:

      > ---I guess Pam should invite and tell us what
      time to get on the webinar
      > in conjuction with sam

      Fred and everyone
      # Invitation - My thinking is that everyone who is reading this is
      invited - including lurkers (people who read, but have not yet written).
      I won't write any specific names, but I am also sincerely hoping this
      e-meeting will include as many as possible of the people who have
      already demonstrated an interest by:
      ~ being at Andrius' Webinar, or the simultaneous chat room, where
      Samwel's Webinar was originally suggested
      ~ by helping people to get headsets
      ~ by posting emails related to Samwel's work or the Webinars.

      # Timing - The original Trainerspod Elluminate Webinar was scheduled as
      3.30 for a 4pm start (GMT). I imagine we will stick to the same time,
      unless Samwel and Andrius suggest otherwise. With Trainerspod the first
      half hour is used to get familiar with the technology, and for informal
      "meeting and greeting" before the serious discussion begins. I think it
      is a useful approach, to have some informal time first, and I also hope
      that when it is officially over we will have a little time for informal
      chat before we go our separate ways, but I feel it is up to Samwel and
      Andrius to decide how long things should last and how they want to use
      the time

      # Where - Andrius chat room - http://www.worknets .org/chat/ and Skype
      http://www.skype. com/intl/ en-gb/

      # How things may go

      I'd like to share my personal image of how things may go - but it is
      nothing fixed, just ideas. I'll use my "ICT4D" checklist to structure my
      thoughts.

      # "I" reminds me of "Information" , or "content".
      This is Samwel's webinar so he is the "information leader" - what we
      discuss will be guided by his interests. If there is a power cut then
      Andrius will guide the content, based on Samwel's interests and endeavours.

      #"C" reminds me of "Communication"
      Communication happens when there are "people with a purpose" wanting to
      communicate with each other. Our main purpose at this e-meeting is to
      get to know Samwel better - and his questions and endeavours, and to
      discover how they overlap the interests of other people at the meeting.

      I hope Andrius will lead us regarding effective communication, because
      he knows us all well, and is so effective at pulling different threads
      together etc within the various Minciu Sodas groups. Also, we are
      meeting at his invitation at the chat room - so I see him as "the host"
      or "the chairman".

      # "T" reminds me of "Technology" .
      It is a good idea to try out the links before we meet, and sort out
      passwords etc for logging on. You need Andrius' chat room -
      http://www.worknets .org/chat/ for typed chat and, if you have sound, you
      can also join in through Skype http://www.skype. com/intl/ en-gb/
      Andrius will need your Skype identity if you want to join in that way as
      well as the chat room.

      I will explain a little of what to expect for any "newbies". A chat room
      is simply a group of people all writing very short emails to each other
      at the same time. The emails are usually only a sentence or two long.
      Whenever someone "sends" what they are typing it appears on the screens
      of everyone. It can be great fun, but can sometimes lead to confusion,
      because often several conversations are going on a the same time. That
      is why I suggest a chairman to help give our discussions structure.

      When you type "yes" "no" "okay" "I agree" kind of messages it is helpful
      to add the name of the person you are responding to. Imagine that I had
      written an idea, and you started to type "I agree". Meanwhile someone
      else got in just ahead of you saying "I think that's a bad idea". Your
      "I agree" message would follow and seem to agree that "It is a bad
      idea". If your message had said "Pam - I agree with you." it would be
      much clearer what you meant.

      Finally the "D" of ICT4D reminds us of "Development"
      I hope that as well as benefitting from the information that Samwel will
      lead us in sharing,we will also be developing our skills and strategies
      for meeting online, and becoming a closer group,

      I look forward to e-meeting on Thursday.

      Pam

    • tom ochuka
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 8, 2007
        Dear All,
        Thanks for this forum,I must say all has been good
        the world of the deaf..Thanks MARIA for brinnging the
        cameras,,,you are gear and wenta head to bring
        italians to the deaf..actually LUCA BIANCHI has aheart
        for the deafimpact..this is an effort by MARIA AND
        all.
        Samuel just to remind you of waht our meeting
        discussed assembling this computers by kennedy and
        others in nairobi will strethen the ms lab and others
        tanks Fred just come back again we are extending the
        deafimpact to Uganda and hellen must know that soon we
        are in Tanzania to sighn in swahili this time.
        Luca and his friends gave me some work to do
        immediately affter thier visit this has made me so
        bussy and I must say to all thanks.
        Andrius you are great you are almost arriving at or
        deepes value in the world of the deaf..this Camer is
        smart we can now make immages of the deaf..we are soon
        having our deafimpact magazine ou and this camera will
        just be what we needed.
        Thanks
        TOM OCHUKA

      • tom ochuka
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 8, 2007
          Dear All,
          Thanks for this forum,I must say all has been good
          the world of the deaf..Thanks MARIA for brinnging the
          cameras,,,you are gear and wenta head to bring
          italians to the deaf..actually LUCA BIANCHI has aheart
          for the deafimpact..this is an effort by MARIA AND
          all.
          Samuel just to remind you of waht our meeting
          discussed assembling this computers by kennedy and
          others in nairobi will strethen the ms lab and others
          thanks Fred just come back again we are extending the
          --- asif.daya@... wrote:

          > What is the Topic of the "webinar"?
          >
          > Asif
          >
          > <http://www.trainerspod.com/CMS>
          > http://www.trainerspod.com/CMS
          > <http://www.trainerspod.com/community>
          > http://www.trainerspod.com/community
          > <http://www.trainerspod.com/info>
          > http://www.trainerspod.com/info
          >

          > _____

          http://sims.yahoo.com/
        • fdkayiwa
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 10, 2007
            Hi TOM
            Am traying to see how ican connect you with the churches here
            and also iknow some ladies from the university who are making
            singlanguange trasaltion in churcjhes and oorganisation speeches
            iwill try to contact them and see how they may be of help to the deaf
            project.
            However i also Apprecitae the Intalian people whom imeet on the Akamba
            bus station traveling to Kisum
            for accepting to come to africa and also travell in such trasport we have
            Maria is one of them.
          • fdkayiwa