RE: [learningfromeachother] Re: Samwel' s June 7th Webinar

  • asif.daya@trainerspod.com
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 1, 2007
      Andrius:

      First I must say I respect the way your lab does work and remains in the Public Domain. I wish I could. However, I am unable to do so as TrainersPod is owned by another company that has a Board of Directors that look at it as a business model looking for grants and sponsorships and hence prefers to have it in the Non-Public-Domain. However, People can visit the site and everything is FREE for them to use but not to copy or sell. They can even download the Webinars to hear them. Infact we plan to make them available on mobiles. So we are not closed to the Public - just our products are restricted for resale. I made an exception for you when you spoke at Trainerspod Webinar, because Pamela insisted that I invite you, but you would only do it in the Public Domain with some restriction for TrainersPod that we agreed upon. It was a good Webinar and I hope you will continue to participate. Working in your group you can keep things in the Public Domain, but sometimes having to work with another group, you can't really force them to go that way, since it's not part of their culture, but you should still be able to work with them, since your goals and theirs are the same - to help the people of Africa. We do not have divergent missions or goals, just a different culture of doing things and as I respect yours, I hope you would do the same for mine. I hope to see more of you in the Webinars.

      BTW, the Webinar on the 7th of June was discussed this a.m. between Pamela and I and since we were not clear what was going to happen, we cancelled that and scheduled others for the entire year. That is not a reflection of you. Just the logistics of having everything coming to a census within such a short time frame.

      Kind Regards,

      Asif

      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 1, 2007
        Asif,

        Thank you for your very considerate letter and appreciation of our
        Minciu Sodas laboratory.

        I am very glad for our work together. I appreciate your good heart,
        good spirit, good energy and your dedication. You have many
        wonderful endeavors. I will work so that ours might overlap wherever
        possible. Our culture is evolving and I expect our situations will
        evolve, too.

        Samwel, Agnese, if you like, then we can attempt a chat on June 7th
        along with a Skype call. You might decide when you are in Tanzania if
        that makes sense. Please let us know and we can improvise. I am sure
        you are very busy and I am excited for your travels. Yet perhaps this
        would be an opporunity to experiment with chat and phone. We might try
        this with Pamela and Asif and all to see what is possible (or not) at
        those times when we don't have access to Elluminate.

        +370 (699) 30003
        Vilnius, Lithuania

      • asif.daya@trainerspod.com
        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 1, 2007
          Andrius:

          Pamela and I discussed the Webinar on Wednesday and we decided to cancel it since we were not sure where things stood. We have chosen other possible dates and those could be dedicated to Samwel and you. I also wrote to Samwel so he would know. I don't want to cause a confusion by changing it again - you know what I mean?

[...]

          http://www.ms. lt
          ms@...
          +370 (699) 30003
          Vilnius, Lithuania

          asif.daya@trainersp od.com wrote:

          > Andrius:
          >
          > First I must say I respect the way your
          lab does work and remains in
          > the Public Domain. I wish I could.
          However, I am unable to do so as
          > TrainersPod is owned by another
          company that has a Board of Directors
          > that look at it as a business
          model looking for grants and
          > sponsorships and hence prefers to have it
          in the Non-Public-Domain.
          > However, People can visit the site and
          everything is FREE for them to
          > use but not to copy or sell. They can
          even download the Webinars to
          > hear them. Infact we plan to make them
          available on mobiles. So we are
          > not closed to the Public - just our
          products are restricted for
          > resale. I made an exception for you when
          you spoke at Trainerspod
          > Webinar, because Pamela insisted that I invite
          you, but you would only
          > do it in the Public Domain with some
          restriction for TrainersPod that
          > we agreed upon. It was a good Webinar
          and I hope you will continue to
          > participate. Working in your group you
          can keep things in the Public
          > Domain, but sometimes having to work with
          another group, you can't
          > really force them to go that way, since it's
          not part of their
          > culture, but you should still be able to work with
          them, since your
          > goals and theirs are the same - to help the people of
          Africa. We do
          > not have divergent missions or goals, just a different
          culture of
          > doing things and as I respect yours, I hope you would do the
          same for
          > mine. I hope to see more of you in the Webinars.
          >
          > BTW, the Webinar on the 7th of June was discussed this a.m. between
          > Pamela and I and since we were not clear what was going to happen, we
          > cancelled that and scheduled others for the entire year. That is not a
          > reflection of you. Just the logistics of having everything coming to a
          > census within such a short time frame.
          >
          > Kind
          Regards,

          href="http://www.trainerspod.com/CMS">http://www.trainers pod.com/CMS

          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 1, 2007
            Andrius:

            Thank you for your fine letter of support. I am sure we will find ways to work together - after all we have the same goals and mission. Something as domain accessibility should not come in the way, rather help us understand each other more. I am sure it is something that other countries in Africa contemplate too - as to which is better and why.

> [...]

            > Domain, but sometimes having to work with
            another group, you can't
            > really force them to go that way, since it's
            not part of their
            > culture, but you should still be able to work with
            them, since your
            > goals and theirs are the same - to help the people of
            Africa. We do
            > not have divergent missions or goals, just a different
            culture of
            > doing things and as I respect yours, I hope you would do the
            same for
            > mine. I hope to see more of you in the Webinars.
            >
            > BTW, the Webinar on the 7th of June was discussed this a.m. between
            > Pamela and I and since we were not clear what was going to happen, we
            > cancelled that and scheduled others for the entire year. That is not a
            > reflection of you. Just the logistics of having everything coming to a

            Regards,

            > Asif

            href="http://www.trainerspod.com/CMS">http://www.trainers pod.com/CMS

            http://www.trainers pod.com/communit y

            http://www.trainers pod.com/info

          • Maria Agnese Giraudo
            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 2, 2007
              Dear Asif, Andrius, Pam and all
              Samwel is very concern of the  arrangement of the seminar and I'll do my best. The most serious problem should be power blackout that is frequent in Dar es Salaam. In that case not all Intenet points have generators. We'll arrange in advance our appointment.
              We are leaving tomorrow and arrive there on Monday 4th.
              Greetings
              Maria Agnese

              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 2, 2007
                Everyone.

                It is a great idea that we experiment with chat and Skype with Samwel for his seminar.

                That will be a good "next step" after emailing each other. It is well timed so soon after the e-learning conference where various people had a chance to meet face-to-face. . Sometimes it is easier for people to meet online if they have already met face to face. I hope we  will build a community that is "comfortable" meeting online in "real time". WIth chat we have real time - and with Skype we can add voice - it is a good next step. This way Samwel need not worry if there is a power outage, because it will be a "meeting amongst friends" and everyone will understand the problems.

                I look forward to our meeting. There will also be Trainerspod Webinars, starting in July. I will write more about that separately, For now I simply want to encourage us to continue to keep our diaries free ready for meeting with Samwel.

                Andrius, please will you host this at your chat room, and give us all instructions for how to join you there.

                Pam