Re: [learningfromeachother] conexions

  • tom ochuka
    Message 1 of 8 , May 27, 2007
      Dear All,
      Ia greatfull to all for praying with me ..Janet
      surported my travelling to Nairobi,wewll this will be
      an active time for all of us.
      This time am already travelling booked in akamba
      Bus..
      I have something to put acroos..so far have called
      Philemon..wev must call him again on monday top checkj
      the venue of the meeting.
      Thanks to all Sam you urgently need anew phone how
      can we get linked up with you,
      Mine is 0725678641.
      Thanks
      TOM OCHUKA.

      ____________________________________________________________________________________Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 7 4:19 AM
        Welcome Riccardo Moro

        Congratulations on  your first message to our group. It is good to e-meet you here. How did you get to know about us?

        Do you know how to join us at the chat room as well? I am the leader of Learning From Each Other (LFEO) and I try to be in the chat room each first Thursday of the month (if I am not travelling). I will be there in about an hours time  (13.00 GMT) The link is WorkNets Chat Room  (Usually it is very good but sometimes it does not work too well - if that happens try leaving the chatroom and then entering again.)

        You can go the chat room any time, but sometimes there is no-one to chat with. (Perhaps there are no other peopel signed in. Or perhaps someone is signed in has stopped looking at the screen. ) This is why we have a special time each month when people can expect other people to be in the chat room. It is like a club meeting.

        I look forward to e-meeting you again

        Pam

        On 07/02/2008, riccardo moro <riccccardo@...> wrote:
        Dear all,

        from Rome Italy, I am sending a test message, for I am new in Yahoo Groups and not familiar in how to write my conribution to the group

        Looking forward to becoming more pro-actively involved

        Regards, Riccardo

      • kayiwa fred
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 7 6:32 AM
          --FLASH DRIVES
          Yes Andrius you asked me an ken to write about the
          flash
          What I can say is that they are sold and we can find
          people to sale to although few will like the content
          on it unless you first have to teach him/her

          Am sure they are much needed
          Not forgetting the point that in the city here there
          are now many people and shops for flash drives and
          mostly from china and India so they are almost
          reducing the price of hem every day and they look fake
          and duplicate because you hardly find the lasting for
          long as those you are sending.
          But the funny thing is that people in Africa buy cheap
          things though fake because they have less money
          perhaps

          Now I can see Indians sale 1GB at 30usd can imagine
          how much less than 1GB can cost now.
          However in rural and urban Area people have not got
          intrest in using them and they need to learn first.
          Thanks
          Kayiwa fred

          Looking for last minute shopping deals?
        • ricardoolpc
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 7 9:03 AM
            Hi Fred
            you may know this already, but it may surprise some readers :-

            The fake flash-drives that some people sell on eBay UK and other
            places are advertised as '1GB capacity', they have 1GB labels
            printed on them, 1GB on the packaging, and they report to the
            computer when you plug them in that they have '1GB file-space'.

            However, when you start filling them up with files, they save 'drive
            full' when you get to about 64MB or 128MB.

            They have electronic circuitry inside that lies about its capacity
            to the computer! They only have 64MB of flash memory inside, and
            fake programs in their microprocessor to lie about the size.

            Some fake goods that people buy work almost as well as the real
            famous-name brands, but fake flash-drives are terrible. You don't
            get anything like what you pay for. In some cases, they don't work
            at all.

            So, you need to buy flash-drives from a well-respected shop.

            Ricardo

            --- In learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com, kayiwa fred

            _______________
            > Looking for last minute shopping deals?
            > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.
            http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?
            category=shopping

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 7 9:59 AM
              Thank you Fred

              You raise some interesting points about information on flash drives and people needing to learn first.

              This touches on ideas and investigations that are dear to my heart. I am tempted to write what I have observed during my times teaching people in rural Nigeria and Kenya, and spending time with people there. The culture is very different. The relationships and dynamics around information and people is very unlike the relationships and dynamics here at home (and I would guess in many countries in Europe and North America etc).

              I won't go into any details of what I have observed. However I would ask people who are bandwidth rich to try to remember back to when they first started to use computers and the Internet. (It is hard to imagine how different life life used to be, and to realise how things have changed. It has not been easy to see the changes happening. It has all been more like water rising than like climbing stairs.) For those of us who are older it is possible to remember what it was like before we started to automatically turn to the Internet for information - and it is possible for us to remember that using the Internet for information was not a sudden natural behaviour.

              Even when I first had the Internet at home (1995) I still tended to use what I knew  - I phoned yellow pages for shops and services, I phoned  British Rail for travel details. My husband was always prompting me. "Why don't you look on the Internet?" It took a long time for me to change my behaviour from phone and visiting the library to using the Internet to find information. Imagine if I had not been in the habit of using my phone (if phones were still a novelty in my community)  or if there was no decent library in my town  - and very few books in my school. Imagine too that my teachers and parents had never encouraged me to ask questions, so I had grown up accepting the information that I was given. How much longer would it have taken me then to start thinking of using the Internet, or flash drives, to seek information.