Re: [learningfromeachother] E-Learning Conference: Tom (Ken-David)/Jeff:great idea!/Maria: Safe Trip!!

    Message 1 of 2 , May 25, 2007
      On 25/05/07, Janet Feldman <kaippg@...> wrote:

      Hello Dear Friends!
      3) Sam-Fred-David-Ken-All: have an exciting and productive trip and time at the conference, and we will be with you in spirit.

      6) Who else is going to the conference? I think I saw Sam mention Issa...Isihaka? How abt Helen, Ibrahim (Halkano)?
      Hi Janet and everyone

      Some people have been trying to contact David via emails this week. I think he may be back in his village. He has started to work there on the preparations for Teachers Talking. We are usually in contact most days when he is in Nairobi - but the last time we chatted was Monday 21st. He may have  a lot to do with the teachers and community before he goes to the  conference.

      Two other contacts of mine to look out for at the conference are Prof Tim Unwin  and David Hollow, from Royal Holloway College, University of London. http://www.ict4d.org.uk/ - David is one of TIm's PhD students. He hopes to focus on Kenya for his research. I was with both of them recently at the COL PCF5 launch http://www.col.org/colweb/site/pid/4514 and we were talking about the e-learning conference - and the fact that I can't go, but various people I link with will be there. If you link up with either of them do consider mentioning my name and the way we connect.

      I hope those who are able to go have a useful and enjoyable time - and I am longing for your feedback. Please remember those of us who can only be there in spirit and be our eyes and ears. It would take far too long for you to write a full report - but a few snippets to give us a flavour of it will be much appreciated.

      Happy conferencing.