Re: Fwd: [learningfromeachother] Re: Webinars, cyber cafes, software and sound - let's rub minds

  • Prince Obiri-Mainoo
    Message 1 of 5 , May 9, 2007
      Which webinar is this one and when is it coming on? Sorry if I am the only stranger in Jerusalem.

      Prince

      Pamela McLean <pam@...> wrote:
      Fred - and everyone in Africa who wants to join  in the Webinar discussions

      Fred - Thank you for your information about laptops and cyber cafe. . We need to learn from each other exactly how things are. Then we can try to find solutions.

      Please, friends in Africa, do not assume that once we know the problem we can suddenly make the solution appear like magic - even if it costs a lot of money. I say this because I do not want you to be disappointed. I do not want you to have wrong ideas. I know for example that some of my Nigerian friends think (wrongly)  that I must be a very rich woman. It  is as if there is a belief in Nigeria that here in the UK we "have money trees in our gardens"- but it is not so. It is true that rich people and poor people here do have the things that only rich people have in Africa - constant electrical power, good plumbing, glass in the windows etc. But I  for one am not like the people you see on TV with loads of money - the footballers, film-stars, politicians and royalty who you see in big cars and luxurious hotels ;-)  I imagine that the people on this list are also not like the celebrities on TV. TV does not always give us the full picture. I know that the lives of my friends in Africa are nothing like I expected from what I had seen on UK TV. I say this so people know that in this discussion we are looking at a problem - not writing a shopping list. When we understand the problem we will try to solve it - but no promises.

      So - please - other people - what is the situation in the cyber cafes you know?

      Pam

      On 09/05/07, fdkayiwa < fdkayiwa@yahoo. com> wrote:
      yes here in cyber cafe you an come with your laptop use it
      but it will be a cable connection not wireless connection
      thanks pam

      Prince M. Obiri-Mainoo
      M. Ed. (Technology in Education)
      Executive Director

      National Africa Foundation
      http://www.nationalafricafoundation.org
      P. O. Box 30237
      Worcester, MA 01602-0237
      U. S. A.

      Tel/Fax: +1 (508) 949-3222

      E-mail: nationalafrica@...

      Your gifts and abilities could become lasting legacies for generations to come. Use them now to bless humanity!

      “Only the best is good enough for Africa” Rev. Dr. James E. Kwegyir Aggrey (1875-1927) -An eminent Ghanaian clergy, missionary, educationist and visionary!

      Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.

    • kayiwa fred
      Message 2 of 5 , May 10, 2007
        OH PAM
        Its really always apreasue for me to be in the webinar
        and i strongly want to attend it though not to
        organise it right now am still seing how it is
        organised may be another time iwill be one of the
        webinar leader

        Its realy bad and wrong belief that African think that
        there is alot of money in western countries iknow that
        they belief like that but to be honest it is not what
        i believe because iknow money can be every were and
        every body can be with money depending on the way
        he/she gets it
        the problem we have in Africa may be that we spend
        alot of little money we get on buying liablities
        calling them Assets ihope you have witnessed that in
        nigeria that a person can buy a very expensive
        hummer,prado,range rover build anice house yet he/she
        has got no Income generating bussiness
        iwould not love to go much in bussiness studies
        but one thing is lets find the way of solving the
        problems
        PAM in this you realy have apoint thanks alot
        fred kayiwa

      • fdkayiwa
        Message 3 of 5 , May 14, 2007
          -This morning ihave seen anice looking gentleman vey smart and i
          straight forwad told him that you are so smart whats your job and he
          told me he is photo graph as well as photo framing
          its anice job here
          after taking the photos from weddings and other parties
          then ihave to select the best one and put them in flames
          and then charge them for diffrent costs
          it pays all photo framers here we do get alot of costumers
          and it does not take much time because it is all machine work.
          we buy the frames from UK ITALY nd hongHONG
          then we cut them into difrent sizes according to the size of the pic

          thats how WILSON told me

          any body know about this bussiness
          that ican adivise also these guys here to widen it
          any body have an aidear