Helping Kenyans attend the eLearning Conference

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2007
      Hi Agnese,

      Thank you for asking about how we might support the twelve Kenyans who
      would like to attend the Nairobi conference on e-learning but need
      support to travel there.

      I don't make any commitment now, but here is what I think.

      I would recommend that you only provide work for pay, not support. We
      can organize work through the lab. But we need to think what kind of
      work is useful. The work should be part-time and flexible.

      I agree with Samwel that it is important to know about their locations.
      It is good to focus like he says.

      One idea is that they participate in some e-learning project that we
      care about.

      I will think and write to the lab.

      Also, for us it is important that each of them explain:
      * What is their deepest value in all of their life that includes all of
      their other values?
      * What is a question that they don't know the answer to, but that they
      wish to answer?
      * What are their endeavors, that is, what are they trying to accomplish
      for themselves and others?

      That can help us decide.

      They should agree to work openly on this all and let us sign each of
      them up for some group based on their value.

      Then we can consider how we might engage them and how we might give them
      work.

      I don't know either Andrea Burris or Rebecca Stromeyer.