RE: [learningfromeachother] Re: Chris Macrae meet David Mutua

  • asif.daya@trainerspod.com
    Message 1 of 8 , May 4, 2007

      Samwel:

      Great to hear from you. What form of telemedicine are you planning on using? The bottleneck is the connectivity, isn’t it? Yes, I see you have done a lot of cataloging in Malaria. Have you done cataloging in the disease process? Have the teams you talk about that find bottlenecks in internet connectivity thought about using Wi-Max? It works over 300 Kms. Why did you chose Mbita as a centre? I believe you are right in having a centre in rural Kenya , I assume preferably near Lake Victoria just for co-ordinating these services. For the funding I will let my colleague in the School of Medicine at UoN know of your interests and expertise in Malaria. That will be very useful. Take Care.

        --- Pamela McLean <pam@...> wrote:

        > Chris and David I think you should know each other
        > better.
        >
        > Chris I have mentioned David to you offlist. He is a
        > member of this
        > group but not able to read all the emails because
        > funds are limited and
        > therefore time online is similarly limited. However
        > I think it would be
        > useful for you two to chat a bit to discover
        > overlapping interests -
        > and for other people to get to know David better as
        > well.
        >
        > David I encourage you to write something here of
        > what you are trying to
        > do - and who else you link with in this network.
        > People here are interested in what is happening in
        > Kenya - and here in
        > Andrius' lab people care about what you are trying
        > to do and how they
        > can help and encourage you. Please use this space
        > to "think out loud" .
        >
        > Pam

        Do You Yahoo!?
        http://mail. yahoo.com

        Samwel Okech kongere
        Nyamuga primary school
        P.O BOX 191,
        MBITA  040305-KENYA.
        Cell: +254 725 600 439
        FOSS ADMIRER
        Community Development

        Never miss an email again!
        Yahoo! Toolbar

        Prince M. Obiri-Mainoo
        M. Ed. (Technology in Education)
        Executive Director

        National Africa Foundation
        http://www.nationalafricafoundation.org
        P. O. Box 30237
        Worcester, MA 01602-0237
        U. S. A.

        Tel/Fax: +1 (508) 949-3222

        E-mail: nationalafrica@...

        Your gifts and abilities could become lasting legacies for generations to come. Use them now to bless humanity!

        “Only the best is good enough for Africa” Rev. Dr. James E. Kwegyir Aggrey (1875-1927) -An eminent Ghanaian clergy, missionary, educationist and visionary!

        Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
      • asif.daya@trainerspod.com
        Message 3 of 8 , May 4, 2007

          I worked with him with the World Bank on the Diaspora planning with Prince – he is very knowledgeable:

          http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/diaspora/artikel.php?ID=122612

          http://www.trainerspod.com/info