Re: [holistichelping] Re: DEAF AND PRODUCTIVE

  • samuel kongere
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2007

      Hi Tom,

      You are becoming much fantastic and I am really moved by this story. I will becoming later in the year at Rabour to take a colleague who is doing internship there, I would like to meet this man and get at least one story.

      Thanks! Maria wanted to pay for you at the e-learning conference but I still wait for the confirmation from their coordinator, if It is possible for them if you never registered. Did you register?. Even if you never registered we must meet in Nairobi after the E-learning with you, Ken Owino, Maria, David Mutua, Silvio and other two to strategies our regional network. I invite you to join our worknet for 'men without food' I know as A Lou you get the words well with meaning send a blank mail thro' Men Denyo at yahoo groups <mendenyo@yahoogroups.com

      I wish you a wonderful may Day for workers
      Sam
      tom ochuka <tomochuka@...> wrote:
      Dear Andrius,Janet and all in the forum,
      I must come up today after several travels to meetr
      the deaf in the field,my work is still limited becaus
      of lack of acomp.
      well this time on my food stories is in Ahero
      kochogo..here is Adhier born deaf and went to School
      in sikri he learn Agricultu he is now producing to
      matoes ans sell them in Ahero . Its quite tiresome but
      he muct do it since h rents aroom and pay for
      electricity. This money has helped him..so much..we ar
      trying to keep him awayrom the local btew affecting
      his life..He is streesd because he is deaf so he tries
      to take this drnk to forget his phisical challenge.

      Near the Railway line west of kisumu..is Nyamongo 40
      yrs and single he has tried to get married 3times but
      they live him because h is deaf howver he is aproducwr
      pf onoins he is suplying in kibuye this is abig market
      io Eafrica..with this money he rentsaroom.. he is
      limitd in that he needs abike to supply this proceds
      the little can only pay rent..he plants the Grass
      onion.

      Iam impreesd with afamily of Wachara ..he cant remmber
      Exact date of births as he was born hearing but lost
      the parents ...he keeps pigs this man is wonderfull he
      is also ashoe repairer he laernt in adeaf school..I
      hope we shall have him mor e in my food stories.
      He only sell pigs that are grown up tp the butchers
      recently he enjoyed abig boost sine many peopleDID NOT
      TAKE OTHER MEET DUE TO RVF..CAUSED BUT OTHER MEET.
      He is maried nad keeps his family.

      THANKS
      TOM OCHUKA.

      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/holistiche lping/message/ 907

> [...]
      > learn how to do
      > this. That is why it's important to work slowly.
      >
      > All of these are resources for future work. We
      > should think carefully
      > before applying this money. What are the projects
      > at our lab that we
      > can support? What is the best way for them to
      > overlap?
      >
      > For example, my plan is that Surya Rao Maturu in
      > India will take the
      > lead to coordinate our work on collecting "shoe
      > stories" in Africa and
      > to help Christine Ax decide where in our network in
      > Africa she might
      > best send her shoe production machine. Each of our
      > African researchers
      > can send as many shoe stories as they think would be
      > helpful. But we're
      > not paying for them to collect these stories.
      > Instead, we will think of
      > other projects, or a mixture of projects.
      >
      > It's very important that these projects relate to
      > their personal
      > interests. For example, Fred, you wrote wonderfully
      > about your
      > interests in Internet centers but also beekeeping.
      > How would you
      > connect that with your deepest value?
      > "always thinking of being helpful person to the
      > needy and we make a
      > better future and better world"
      > and your investigatory questions?
      > "How one can get success in life and get rid of
      > problems that makes him
      > have no god future both on earth and heaven?"
      > "What should be the right procedures of spreading
      > the gospel?"
      > What might they have to do with Internet centers and
      > beekeeping?
      > That is very important for us to "meet you halfway"
      > and hold you
      > accountable for your growth!
      >
      > Also, the Internet costs so much in Africa that we
      > will learn to get the
      > most for our money, for example, we can create ways
      > to download all the
      > letters from our lab to a flash drive. Let's write
      > what would be
      > useful. It's not that hard for me to program that.
      > Let's make sure that
      > we each have our own computers so that we don't have
      > to sit too long in
      > the Internet cafes. And lets learn to think deeply
      > without computers,
      > too! And to work on-the-ground but know that we are
      > connected.
      >
      > I also sent
      > 400 USD to SashaMrkailo in Serbia
      > for his assistance in April and May. Sasha is
      > active at our chat
      > channel http://www.worknets .org/chat/ and our wiki
      > http://www.worknets .org He is so helpful and this
      > is a great
      > opportunity to learn how to use our websites and to
      > get support for our
      > work on our pages for our projects. I encourage us
      > to ask for his
      > help. Let's experiment with what is most useful.

      === message truncated ===

      Do You Yahoo!?
      http://mail. yahoo.com

      Samwel Okech kongere