sustainability and bookmach

  • Ramunas
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2006
      Dear Pamela and Paolo,

      I think that recently published book would be in content of new education structures in far more broader sense: THE ECOLOGY OF LEARNING: SUSTAINABILITY, LIFELONG LEARNING AND EVERYDAY LIFE, http://shop.earthscan.co.uk/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/595/groupID/7/categoryID/7/v/eea51af9-66a5-4e85-9213-52535de99833 by John Blewitt, 2006, Sept., Earthscan
      I strongly believe that new, "open source thinking" is
      now emerging from environmentalist perspective, what was already highlighted by Manuel Castells http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Castells (Information Age trilogy) and Fritjof Capra (Web of Life) http://www.ecoliteracy.org/.
      ----
      Andrius, thank you for BookMach (http://www.bookmooch.com/) link! I really like the idea of sharing used books, what is very consistent with my volunteer project sk@itykla (www.skaitykla.mums.lt)  (stands for "Library (for us)", in English - sorry - no translations yet..) devoted for the spreading of noncommercial and independent culture and expanding the open source, wiki, GNU, P2P principles in broader social sense.
      I had a strong affiliation with Sarunas and Denis www.skolink.org project, based on Distributed Library Project (http://www.communitybooks.org/ ) - i exchanged my books with 4 people, but now it's seems like not responding server..
      I would be interested for any forge towards books exchange (especially used). Now i "advertise" on www.skaitykla.mums.lt
      Book Exchange Sundays, held here in Vilnius every sunday ...

      regards,
      --
      Ramunas J.
      Vilnius